anybody go to another church yet?

by littlemike 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Yes, I have been to many different churches. I don't claim adherence to any one religion because of my current aversion to religious affiliation. I do claim a deep spirituality, however. I am very much in tune with my spirituality and I do have new beliefs which replace the dub-isms. Replacing dub-isms is a v-e-r-y important step in a successful exit from dub-land.

ESTEE

• Satanus
    Satanus

At christmas time, i like getting stoned and going to a catholic church to listen to the choir and admire the archatecture. Also, there is a tibetan buddhist church or whatever they call it, near me that i would like to go to sometime when i work up the nerve. They do a group meditation on wed evenings. Scar-r-ry. *said with rolling of the r*

SS

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

It took me a while to ever step into another faith...I was done with religeon and on the verge of believing there wasn't a god. However, one day, I went for a hike with a good friend of mine to the top of a mountain, it was beautiful...I felt a sense of some spirituality and realised, faith and love for God does not need to be demonstrated in belonging to a religeon and following one form of belief, it's in the every day things...my reliegeon and my faith and my belief was found on top of a mountain where I could truely see the and feel the works of God. Since that time I attended a church called Unity....my roomate belonged to it, it was o.k. I appreciated the meditation, but a little too New Age for me.

My husband is Jewish (reformed) and we belong to the temple. I cannot say that I'm die hard active, nor do I consider myself a Jew, but I do appreciate the Rabbi's sermon and do gain a sense of some spirituality from it.

I stay ver skeptical with regard to religeon, and I do not believe in a "truth", but there is always something to be learned. Though I'm not a religeous person, I do consider myself a spiritual person, and I try to uphold good values and instill them in my children. Do what you feel is best, and keep an open mind. Now is the time to explore, something that was taught to you as taboo before.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I cannot visualize any circumstance where I would go to a church. Absoultly Not! No Way! I have no interest in anything that has to do with religion...with the exception of reading this post.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Maybe one day for strictly social reasons; i.e. funeral, wedding, etc but never for spiritual reasons. It is just silly to think that anyone else on this earth can tell you what your spiritual needs if any, are and what you should be doing to fulfill them. No one knows what happens to you when you die and no knows what's going to happen next, and if they do-they are lying.

Plus, I think I have wasted enough time already, like my entire youth, that I don't need to spend another frikin moment in church, regardless of denomination or creed.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So Attila you are a "Hatch,Match,& Dispatch Christian Eh? You go to church when babes are christened,folks are married, & the dead are buried Hatch,match,dispatched. I like that one -good saying...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

After I finally escape the sharp claws of the WTBTS, I don't plan on being part ever again of organized religion.

DY

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

eyebrow2,

according to their site you are supposed to make a financial pledge, and I am a little leary about that.

When you can, if you can - and it's nobody's business how much. They're not going to kick you out if you don't.

And if that particular church is anal about pledges -- as some are -- you probably don't need to go there anyway.

GentlyFeral
    speaking from experience

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I'm a buddhist now.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SS:

Scar-r-ry. *said with rolling of the r*

I can help with that

Share this

Google+