NY City Meet-Up on Saturday, March 31st; 6:00 - 9:00 PM

by patlynnw 10 Replies latest jw friends

• patlynnw
    patlynnw

Hello -

My name is Patricia Warmack, a NY City ex-JW. Javin Michael and I are hosting an ex-JW meet-up on Saturday, March 31st, 6:00 - 9:00 PM. Address is 520 Eighth Avenue, Room 16T, New York, NY. After the meet-up we will be going bowling. We are NOT collecting funds for this event. Any attendee going bowling will pay their funds directly to the bowling alley (cash only). Hoping as many of you as possible can make it!

• mmouse99
    mmouse99

cool. you guys have a meet up page ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sounds like a bloody good idea though I`m a bit too far away ,down under in Aussie land.

I hope you all have a great overlapping time

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hi Patricia, and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure how many we have here from NYC. You should post on Facebook groups like the Ex Jehovah's Witnesses recovery group 3 and the exjw Reddit group as well.

My brother lives in Manhattan. He's an exjw. I'll let him know.

Let me know how this goes. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of exjw community you have up there. I do a podcast called "shunned" and my sister-in-law wants me to do a live shunned podcast recording/meetup up there near the old Brooklyn Bethel. I'm interested, though terrified of coming out from behind the mic and being on stage (JW flashbacks), but if there's a good exjw community that is supportive I might do it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Hi Patricia,

I live in NYC, a few years ago we had a very active meet-up group. Perhaps we have met before. I will put it on my calendar. I am not much for bowling, but I would like to stop by and say hi.

Roger

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Multiple threads? Ah, well...

Always thought this place might have been a funky place to meet up in NYC.....

New York Kingdom Hall converted to a bar - PIX 11 (US), February 2, 2018

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Why did you make on the Memorial night? Wouldn't the following week be better?

Rub a Dud

• sir82
    sir82

Will you be serving bread & wine?

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Hi Patricia,

That's sounds fabulous! Too bad I live on the West coast or I'd be there.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Rubadub - If it's for exjws, why not on Memorial night? Seems like it would give them something encouraging to do while their former friends and family memorialize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit