They Offered Their Son Willingly—To Bethelite Brothers

by betterdaze 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

They Offered Themselves Willingly—In New York

Ricky, a construction project manager in Hawaii, was invited to serve as a commuter Bethelite to assist with the Warwick project. His wife, Kendra, wanted him to accept the invitation. However, they had a legitimate concern: the welfare of their 11-year-old son, Jacob. They wondered if it would be wise to relocate the family to New York State and if their son would be able to adjust to a totally different environment.

“One of our priorities was that of finding a congregation with young ones who were doing well spiritually,” says Ricky. “We wanted Jacob to have plenty of good association.” As it turned out, the congregation where they ended up has very few children but several Bethelites. “After our first meeting there, I asked Jacob how he felt about the new congregation, especially since there weren’t any young ones his age,” says Ricky. “He told me, ‘Don’t worry, Dad. My friends will be the young Bethel brothers.’”

Jacob and his parents enjoy association with Bethelites in their congregation

Sure enough, the young Bethelites have befriended Jacob. With what effect? “One night, I was passing my son’s room and saw that the lights were still on,” Ricky relates. “I expected to catch him playing an electronic game, but he was reading the Bible! When I asked him what he was doing, Jacob said, ‘I’m being a young Bethelite, and I’m going to read the Bible in one year.’” Needless to say, Ricky and Kendra are thrilled, not only because Ricky can share in the construction work at Warwick but also because their move is contributing to their son’s spiritual growth.—Prov. 22:6.

(The Watchtower Study Edition, January 2015)

So, Jacob is an only child, no siblings. Being raised in a high-control, closed environment. He’s not allowed “bad association” with non-JW children in the first place. Now he’s being uprooted and sent to a congregation with “very few children”, which is even more isolating. His own dipshit parents encourage him to hang out with horny virgin men from the local cult compound who have to be constantly reminded (even at the breakfast table) not to play with themselves or each other.

What could possibly go wrong?

Man guilty of trying to lure boys for sex

A 50-year-old Jehovah's Witness has been found guilty of trying to lure underage boys in Middletown to have anal sex with him and pose for nude photographs.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Will someone who has an established rapport with the ARC or the UK Charity Commission forward this to the proper contacts? That Watchtower encourages isolated children to hang out with single male Bethelites, even AFTER THE FACTS of the disgusting Jesus Cano case?

Thanks in advance.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh my...what can possibly go wrong...

It is just so Catholic. Monks and young boys

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Excuse me, but a "commuter betheliet" , how were they going to pay rent, feed themselves and take good care, materially of the son? Did fathers ego exceed his absolute first obligation, to his family , who put clothes on their backs? Vomit inducing situation. When his parents face old age and death in future decades and still no Armageddon Jacob may ask how they all came to be deceived.

• schnell
    schnell
    Welp, reading the Bible is a common step to leaving the WTS. Cheers, kid. 🍻
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Lostandfound, some JW's came from the "World" and have a bankroll because they were not janitors before becoming zealots. The WT would never tell you that of course. Could be?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This Family has become drunk on corporation koolaid and believe 100% in duty to the Corporation above personal interest and well being. Shrunken brains for sure due to constant meeting attendance /indoctrination session to keep their faith alive fruitful to corporation interest.

They rate front page billing by the corporation for all brain washed drones to follow in their foots steps like nice little trusting lemmings.

I wonder when they will get thrown to the curb with all these lay offs and halted building projects? No longer needed and up shit's creek without a pot to piss in. Anyway they are in for some rough roads in the future putting their trust in a corporation run by psychopaths in denial and chuck full of shit.

• shadow
    shadow

It's truly amazing what some people on this forum find to complain about. What a ridiculous thread and comments.

• schnell
    schnell

It is truly amazing how blind someone can be to what's going on. Also, the comments have not been ridiculous, though ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions.

:)

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I have one thing to say to you shadow...I laugh at your intellect...WAHAHAHA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit