Paying twice for everything sold

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Why did we have to pay twice for every book, magazine sold?

We paid a first time at the hall for our books, magazines. Then in the field service, the money they gave us had to go back to the kingdom hall.

So why did brothers and sisters accept that? After all it was our car, our gas money to ride around from door to door.

Why pay twice for everthing sold?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yeah I never ever got that one! (Didn't obey it either) Why in the world do I have to pay for the literature as in the past when we did charge, but then when I recieved contributions and told the householder the money was to to go for the WWW, I had to then put that money in too!

Something is wrong with this picture!! HELLO????

I would keep track of the contributions I got and then supliment to make up for what seemed short later..

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Clever accounting from a book publishing company

• JH
    JH

I call that robbery.

• heathen
    heathen

I think this oughta get some good replies . I mentioned something like this on another thread something like, why does WTBTS make it's publishers pay for all the mags to be distributed ? Then you have to pay for your gas to peddle them door to door . I think it's a scam that's worked on many people who have no capability of standing up for their own interests . I don't know all the rules because I wasn't involved in it and very glad of that too.

• Sassy
    Sassy

It goes to show you if you brainwash your members, they will blindly give and give and give...

without connecting the dots that all the puzzles pieces aren't here..

• JH
    JH

Another question I have about costs is, Why do Mormons or Catholics nuns or priests drive a car with different car plate series. When I see a nun or a mormon, it's easy to see that the plates on their cars are completely different from ordinary people. Police, busses, trucks, all have specific plate series identifying them and completely different from ordinary people like us.

What I'm getting to is that I don't think that mormons pay for the car or gas when they go from door to door and nuns and priest don't pay either. I think that the government pays for that because they are considered ministers in a big relgion. So, why should witnesses pay for the same things that Catholic ministers don't pay for? Since going door to door is an obligation and JW are ministers wouldn't it be normal to deduce costs when making out our income tax reports?

Does the governement consider JW's as ministers?

• undercover
    undercover

I saw right through it when it was initiated but didn't question it. How stupid was that? I figured that all the JWs would pay for the mags first knowing that most people will not donate at the door, but if any did, it was a good thing and it helped the preaching work. Only after becoming inactive did I look at it as a way to charge twice for one piece of literature thus fleecing the flock.

I don't think this system is as profitable as it once was or as the old charging system was. Most JWs don't mention the donation at the door. Many do not contribute the full amount when picking up literature at the counter. I think that's why there has been several talks/articles on giving and donating.

While "selling" literature is not as profitable, they're still making a killing. Figure each publisher gives $10 a month(average). Figure on 4 million people doing it(I know they say 6 but not all are active or donate). $40,000,000 a month. $480,000,000 a year. No salaries. Basically free labor to run the corporation. Volunteers for construction and upkeep of properties. 3% charged on all loans on building projects(from a different set of donations). How many companies can claim an intake of $480,000,000 a year before expenses? Oh, yeah, and it's all tax free(in the USA).

• Special K
    Special K

Glad I got out before they changed to this donation thingy...

I would have been "brainwasheddumb" enough to give them the money (twice) for it too.

Why is it, that when your in the J.W.'s.....one is so darn blinded?... Baffling isn't it.

sincerely

Special K

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why pay twice for everthing sold?

I just want to point out to all you evil apostates on this board making up the composite evil slave class that the WTBTS and publishers does NOT Sell books and magazines -- it PLACES them with householders who may make a voluntary contribution if they wish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit