Is there a Mormon equivalent to JWD?

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

I think there are similarities and differences between the two groups but probably more similarities. Similar histories and practices etc.

What is *very* similar (that we noticed driving past in Canada) is the clothes !! The women dress just like 'sisters', LOL

• blondie
    blondie

So do Hasidic (Jewish) women, dress like the sisters. Now the men are something else.

Mormon doctrine is very, very different though from the WTS. The WTS and the LDS may both be baking cakes but the ingredients are vastly different.

IMO, of course.

Blondie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Simon:

What is *very* similar (that we noticed driving past in Canada) is the clothes !! The women dress just like 'sisters', LOL

Can you expand on that? Mormons live in the community same as JWs. You weren't refering to Hutterites were you?

• Simon
    Simon

No, the hutterites look *completely* different ... those suits and dresses are from 100 year ago surely !!

The LDS church just looked like a KH scene with the long, slighly outdated dresses and guys in suits. If you didn't see the LDS logo on the builking you could easilly mistake it for a KH

BTW: In case anyone is interested, we get aroung 1,100 posts a day. Sometimes 1,300 or more up to 1,500 ... a lot to read and not surprising that we can't read them all !

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

xjw:

All the women dress like it was 1955

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

They're similar in appearance, and that they don't believe in the Trinity (although most religions don't). The mechanics of both religions are very similar. And you know the phrases and 'experiences' that run around and around the Kingdom Hall? You know, like "I had my head in the oven ready to die when Jehovah sent his witnesses to my door!" and you hear these stories over and over again, always the same, but different people? Ya, the Mormons have the same exact stories, only a different God, different people, and different religion. But, the outside appearances cover over an entirely different belief system. Is it an odd belief system? I guess, but if you ask me, if you can believe angels are floating around above us, you can believe anything. Rev

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    ... 900+ posts per day. " THis sounds murch more than JWD.

Joker: Nope. In the last 24 hours there have been 1180 posts here on JWD.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I checked one of the forums on exmormon.org... wow, they really need to overhaul their db software. It looks like a web forum from about 8 years ago. But it's great that ex-Mormons have such a resource! I found some of the thread topics quite interesting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit