JW TV

by WasOnceBlind 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    So yesterday my mom had be update her tablet and the JW library app (she is technologically challenged). After I did, she told me if I knew how to get the JW chanel on tv. (I assume she meant those weird videos the GB has been releasing). I told her no, and then I told her "JW chanel on tv? isn't that the kind of stuff we use to ridicule?" I could tell she got a little upset and told me this was different because it was only for JW access. I could have said "why, what is there to hide?" but decided not to instigate.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, it is so easy to keep pushing and give them that one final flippant remark.

However, no one ever woke up by being pushed too far. There's a fine line to try to stay at for maximum benefit.

But, I feel you!

• Divergent
    Divergent

WasOnceblind:

I could tell she got a little upset and told me this was different because it was only for JW access.

Wait... who said it was only for JW access? Anyone can view it!

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    That's what she said, I know you can find these online everywhere but I am not about to go searching for them and wasting my time looking for that crap.
  • HBH
    HBH

It is the number one religious channel on Roku, next to all the other religious channels for the public to view. It's blatant televangelism, but the more correct term is (image based multimedia) propaganda. Actually, all propaganda is image based.

But in answer, the easiest way to get jw tv is to get a roku.

HBH

• Landy
    Landy

Oh, it is so easy to keep pushing and give them that one final flippant remark.

However, no one ever woke up by being pushed too far. There's a fine line to try to stay at for maximum benefit.

But, I feel you!

That is so true but sometimes it's difficult to help yourself.

Watching the aftermath of the Paris attacks on TV and my mother was hand wringing and saying how terrible it was.
    Before I knew it I said Mother, you go to bed every night and pray for God to kill 7 billion people. 150 is barely getting started.
    My wife's mouthful of tea went everywhere :(
  • lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Bravo Landy, Bravo!

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Wow Landy that was really good. I don't think I would have the guts to say that.
  • Landy
    Landy

It was out before I had chance to think about it - one of those speak first think later moments. I probably wouldn't have said it had I thought about it.

Sometimes though I think they have absolutely no comprehension of what they are praying for.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I think that we can do more by appearing helpful than 'dificult' . Family ask us because their elders & 'brothers' are unhelpful . Long may that continue....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit