Is here anyone who would like to understand the Revelation book better?

by Kosonen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Hi Kosonen, I wonder what you think about this view of "the great tribulation."

It totally conflicts with the terrifying depiction which the org churns out to the sheeple - to keep them obedient to the cult.

The angel in conversation with the apostle John mentions an event early on, and then refers to the same event again just a few minutes later:

Revelation 2:22 - “Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.” (NKJV)

Revelation 7:14 - And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, [the same one I spoke of, about 6 minutes ago] and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (NKJV)

In other words, it applies to a time when Christians will be tested, no one else - no mass destruction.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for the offer but, no.

The Bible one of many so called 'Holy Books'. Why the obsession with just this one?

As Dawkins said, if he were born in Ancient Rome he'd worship Zeus. Old Norse, worship Wotan. Islam, Allah.

It just seems to me you gravitate to the 'holy book' of your culture.

Why people believe this stuff is now beyond me. I left the Jobots because I came to see lack of evidence for belief.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I left Dawkins because of his use of double negatives.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

Just a suggestion, references to 'the revelation book' are very likely to confuse.

I read the title of this thread and thought you intended an analysis of the watchtower's 'Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!'.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I didn't. But I think I get your point. Should be 'the book of Revelation'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AM - I left Dawkins because of his use of double negatives.

I'm not a fan of his. Sometimes there are quotes out there that I think are worth using.

I'm not a fan of any of these 'celebrity' critics (for want of a better word), or celebs in general come to that. We're all just rotting piles of flesh at the end of the day. Hence why I'm not interested in dating ever again. (Sorry, off subject).

Where was I?

Too many different opinions about 1 Holy book proves it isn't inspired. Otherwise we'd all agree because God(tm) would have made it obvious how to interpret all.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The answer to Gary Numan's question 'are friends electric?' No, we are not robots all thinking alike.

A dad is generally very strong and can get his children out of difficult situations they get themselves into. If they choose to co-operate with the one who loves them so dearly, things go well and they learn. And we all learn different things.

If things are obvious and repeated like at WT KH, everyone repeats the same stuff and don't think about it. That's like brain washing. But Christianity is not brain washing. It is the exact opposite. If you want to know, you have to research carefully and you have to behave decently or God wont allow you to understand it.

I could quote the relevant scriptures to you but I expect you are quite capable of looking for them if you want them. And if you don't, you don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit