Is here anyone who would like to understand the Revelation book better?

by Kosonen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Hello Friends, I have been writing comments to the Revelation book and posted them on my site. So far I have gone through Revelation chapter 1 to 14.

I invite you all to take a look.

https://www.comejesus.net/comments-to-revelation-1

• stan livedeath
  • Smiles
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Not for me! I had enough Revelation study. After studying the Revelation book 3 times ad nauseam, I am good for the rest of my life.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

@Kosonen:

What do you feel gives you a particularly interesting insight into the first century authors' magic mushroom trip?

Wikipedia gives me a nice summary of how it's broadly interpreted in different ways by Catholics, the various Protestant sects, The Latter Day Saints, the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Egyptian Coptic Church etc. I already know how it's interpreted by the JW's.

Have you formulated a new interpretation that's wildly different from any of the faiths listed above?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

How many time did we get dragged through that book?? ... And now it is quietly hidden away.

RB.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Does the WT even quote from the "Climax at Hand" book anymore? I thought it had been officially retired.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Sea Breeze however much a book gets retired, their message of false hope is constantly at hand.

They dig out the thesaurus and redo the same message. Dress it up in modern style.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Sea Breeze - I think you might have hit on why the audio visual studios. Memes can't be searched as text can. Same would be true of audio visual. So it would require great investment of time to step through all their videos to make the points we have been able to make using text.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

From a biblical perspective (not a WT perspective), who do you think the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11:3-14 are, and what are your reasons for thinking such?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit