How many new converts do you remember as a JW?

by SydBarrett 15 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I got involved with the witnesses around 1970. There were a lot of people coming in at that time including myself. I could probably name at least 20 people and their children that became Jdubs and attended the same congregation as me. That was a special time period for the Watchtower Society that I don't think will ever be repeated. Now with the internet it is to easy to find out the truth about what they teach and see all their past mistakes. And now with JW dot org there is no mystery as to who is running the show. You can go there and see how goofy the guys who claim to be in touch with god are.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Woke up due to generation change, in 1995 and left for good in 2008.

Feeling better then ever!!!

G.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

More have left the filthy disgusting cult than have been enticed in by 'witnessing(tm)' in my experience. This is based on the folk in congos I've been in or associated with over the years.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

During those heady days leading up to 1975, I can recall many “converts” to the JW religion. In the congregation I was with, entire families came in as converts. During the 1980s, too, there still seemed to be more than a few converts to the religion. (Although much of the increase in numbers during that decade was the result of a concerted campaign to reactivate those who had become “inactive”).

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I was born in, became inactive around 2000-2004. I can't say how often we saw new people in the congregation, or how many of those were new converts developed from a door-to-door visit. I do recall hearing some brothers and sisters relate how they were converted via a d2d visit and Bible study. But I never really thought about it, which is odd in retrospect.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

In my childhood cong (from the 1970s to 1990s): Only 9 (2 converted in by my mom and one of my aunts). In a few of my other congs (from the 1990s to early-2000s): Only 4 (1 which a now-POMO cousin "aided in"). Other present exdubs I know only remember less than 15-20 converts while they were in The Borg from the years 1950 to 2010. The cultporation more than likely FUDGED the #s for these years; not surprised though about the data/census changes and the fact that there are not many people wanting to become members of this organization disguised as a religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit