Can't believe we are still here

by moreconfusedthanever 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I thing the JW's are starting to see it. They are depressed because of all the broken promises. Sad

• freddo
    freddo

Days of future passed said "So they just trudge on towards the mirage."

What a way you have with words. That conjures up such an accurate image of the average middle aged and older jw.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"I can't believe we are still here. We were not meant to go to high school, get married or have children this side of Armageddon.".

Why did this happen ?

.......because the Watchtower Corporation which is a lying fear mongering publishing house said Armageddon was going to happened very soon.

In factual reality they were just commercializing their products in literature production and distribution.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I have heard comments like this three times lately. Each time it surprised me, given who was saying it.

I do think people are having doubts, but are too invested in the lifestyle (if "style" is the correct term) to leave.

Also, I think the "resurrection hope" is perhaps the cruelest thing of all. If someone is staying in only because they want to see a loved one again, how sad is that.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Spiral that is exactly right.

Whenever I bring things to my mother's attention her response is "I do not care. I want to be there to see my husband again and my parents and that is all that matters."

It is sad. I keep thinking to myself that one day I will be by her side during her last days on Earth and only then will she realise that it was all BS.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Even though I am long faded and not at all sympathetic to the doctrines, there is an ingrained weirdness when I see little children born in the 2000's. They weren't supposed to be born. I am settled with the reality, it just seems so antithetic to my belief of many years. So glad the children have been born and I was wrong.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe that`s why their are so many more people claiming to be of the anointed now,they don`t like the thought of lying in the ground or being cremated at death and want and hope for an immediate resurrection at death so they partake of the wine and emblems claiming to be of the anointed.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Wasanelder, I was born in the 80's and was never supposed to graduate. Now I am planning my daughters grad party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit