Can't believe we are still here

by moreconfusedthanever 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Just this week I had the JWs knock on my door. Sisters from my old congregation. We exchanged the usual polite conversation. Some more of the group came up the driveway. Some would not set foot on my property but waved from the sidewalk and still others looked at me and turned away.

During our chat one of the sisters pipes up and says "I can't believe we are still here. We were not meant to go to high school, get married or have children this side of Armageddon.". This sister is now a grandmother.

I bit my tongue and said nothing other than to nod in agreement. I felt bad for her. Why would this evidence alone not wake them up?

• venus
    venus

Why can't experiences of two World Wars alone "wake the rulers up"? What is true of leaders is true of individuals too.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Frustrating isn't it? Even my mom apologized to me for me being old. But to look at it too closely, would mean their place in paradise might disappear. So they just trudge on towards the mirage.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

During our chat one of the sisters pipes up and says "I can't believe we are still here. We were not meant to go to high school, get married or have children this side of Armageddon.". This sister is now a grandmother.

I know it`s easy for me to say now,however looking back in hindsight I would like to think I would have made a comment such as

"Well doesnt`t that tell you ,what you have been taught and believed all these years is not true, that you are being misled by your religion ? "

I know that`s easy for me to say now however when someone knocks on your door you are usually taken way off gaurd

What she said is so true though isn`t it something we can all relate to.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I told one JW if you are blessed to live a ripe old age you will eventually die,your children will eventually die and your great great great great great grand kids will die. He told me Satan really got a hold of my mind.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

how could you have let them get away without giving them both barrels? I would have ripped them to shreds

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

As a person who is fading I didn't think it wise to enter into a debate with them.

Maybe one day in the future I will be in a place where I will have no need for restraint.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

......... Do I hear the chink of a doubt?

"I can't believe we are still here.

Believe it! .... How can she not believe that, but she believes things so much more far fetched!?!?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The JW’s are for sure....are starting to see the BS. They have had 30 yrs of ITS HERE!!.....

All the things they were promised as infants, kids, children, teens, young adults, adults, middle aged and now elderly..... haven’t come to pass.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Why would this evidence alone not wake them up?

People stay JWs for several reasons, such as:

• They are dysfunctional
    • They are too invested in the WT and now leaving implies walking way from loved ones
    • They are too invested in the WT and now leaving implies dealing with the anger for the time, life and energy wasted
    • They continue to believe the Jehovah crap
    • They still fear living outside of the WT bubble
    • They are too proud or stubborn to admit that they are wrong

Leaving, to some, has many implications and it's not an easy thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit