What Do You Want To Talk About Regarding Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We do talk a lot about how this site doesn’t center on all things JW. So what would you like to discuss?

The floor is yours.

• Simon
    Simon

How about whether JWs think that Biden is the worse president ever and ...

Am I helping?

• minimus
    minimus

Simon. Lol 😆.....it’s a little experiment since a few people want to talk about JW stuff more than not. Where are they?? What would you like to discuss??

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

What is the latest on that court case in Illinois where the JW elders are being prosecuted because they didn't report a case of child sexual abuse even though the state law required them to do so? Moreover, in their defense are the elders are claiming that the Watchtower legal department gave them bad advice?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I used to say that I had not seen a new thought in a Watchtower publication for years. Now I have to say I haven't seen a thought of any kind. How do the dubs manage to keep going? I'm particularly interested in how younger generations are managing.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Shunning. It has to be the most hateful practice blatantly encouraged by the cult. It destroys families.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@stan: Correct. It's an asshole move on their part, for sure. What next?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am amazed that any reasonably intelligent JW can still "justify" the ridiculous doctrinal changes and flip flops. (Of course I did that for many, many years, but....) If you just limit this to the "overlapping" generations mumbo jumbo, shouldn't that be enough to awaken most people? I mean, clearly......Jesus DID NOT mean that.

Plus, it's not just that one generational change. I'm old enough to recall when THE GENERATION was those "of age" in 1914. Then those who could discern the facts that showed it was the "beginning" of the Last Days. Then anyone born before 1914. Then the fact that all those people were dead (or nearly dead) they simply had to "pull the plug" on that nonsense. But isn't the "overlapping" doctrine even MORE nonsensical? Geezus! WTF came up with this shit?

• Magnum
    Magnum

I want to talk about the mindset of the longtime JWs in about the 60 and above age group. What are they really thinking? Are they confused? Do they have doubts?

My JW grandfather would be over 100 now. If he woke up from the dead, first, he'd shocked that it's 2021 and "this system" is still here. Then he'd be shocked at what JWdom is now and what it is not now - not the religion it used to be. He was active at a truly different time - when it was exciting to be a JW and the end of the world was imminent and the religion was deeper. He and his peers would be baffled and confused to see it now.

As a small child, I remember when a few JWs in my area would travel long distances to the first convention of the year so they could get the latest information. JWs really thought it was all going to end in the 70's.

Those who really remember those times won't be around for that much longer. I was wanting to make a post on this site about some problems with the Live Forever book, but then the thought entered my mind that probably many who post here now aren't even familiar with it.

Anyway, does anybody have any insight as to what the mindset of the longtime older JWs is?

• minimus
    minimus

I think a lot of people here know the Live Forever and Babylon books and even the Awake! Magazine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit