What's up with the numbering of the songs and reading them off the screen?

by Spiral 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

Your was using the wrong songbook app. There are 3 songbooks on the JW app, The 1st is the Original songbook, 2nd is just the new songs, and the 3rd is the new completed songbook released 2 months ago. Just delete the 2 older ones to end the confusion.

• Spiral
    Spiral

It does seem so fundamentalist churchy and really mindless. I could see that some in the congregation would like it to be even more so. But, the singing was really awful because no one seemed to know the songs and some (like me) kept trying to find the songs on their tablets.

if I have to go again (hope not) I will check for the newest songbook (hate downloading that cr*p onto my tablet) but it strikes me as really odd that there is confusion over something so basic as the song book. Renumbering and rearranging songs like they are, makes you wonder what the goal is. Wait.... could it be...... brainwashing? sheesh!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They're trying to be more contemporary. Many other churches do it the same way so they don't have to give out or print song books especially to new people or visitors. Only 'members' get "free" song books in many churches.

The JW's are still trying to reduce costs, this is one way of doing it, who ever "paid" for song books? I remember we gave them out like hot cakes to people that were just visiting, during weddings etc etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Go to your favorite MP3 store, and get a look at Billy Idol's Devil's Playground. Find and buy the song Plastic Jesus off that album. Put that song on your tablet or device, and play that during the Kingdumb malady. For sure, it will be far more entertaining, and no chance of having the numbers or lyrics borked on you. Just be warned that, if the hounders catch you, there is a good chance of getting a first class trip to The Back Room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit