What's up with the numbering of the songs and reading them off the screen?

by Spiral 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spiral
    Spiral

I don't have to go very often, but last time I took my mother they were singing songs off a screen. The numbers weren't the same as the songs with the same number on my tablet. Does anyone know what is up with that? Seemed like a lot of people were confused, but a couple of more gregarious attendees were singing (and swaying a bit) "church-style". Something new?

• waton
    waton

The singing, reading off the screen, that are lightly overhead, makes for a sight reminiscent of the fervor of the committed Nazis, You have to plead sickness and keep sitting, mumble into your lap- to not be noticed for your abstention. Chest out, head up and sing. some of these songs are truly miserable though.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What's old is new again!

Sing Along with Mitch

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

but a couple of more gregarious attendees were singing (and swaying a bit) "church-style". Something new?

More and more, they're becoming a mainstream fundamentalist style religion.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I just can't bring myself to read the lyrics off the screens and stick to using my tablet. I know, I know, it's stupid. It just seems wayyyy too "1984-ish" for my taste for all of us to stand there like mindless drones, hands at our sides, all staring ahead at the same screen, singing the lyrics in unison.

• LV101
    LV101

That's how some of the normal (more mainstream) religions do it.

Interesting. Won't they lose sales on song books.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

I stopped attending the year before the new logo and everything on tablet thingy. The whole meeting is totally foreign sounding to me now. I can't imagine singing like that at the hall. A church I attended a few times does that with a live band which was kinda fun for church but for the hall? very weird. Service with a tablet sounds goofy too. I remember the good ol' days with a piano player, song book and actually using the Bible in service. What is this ?Jw 2.0? Haha anyone remember the band at the assemblies? My family used to have band practice at our house prior to the assemblies.... so fun and dorky.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This religion has morphed into something so different to what it was just a decade ago.....

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's slowly spawning into a new beast. My grandad and my dad would turn in their graves to see what it's become now if they were suddenly presented with it.

In fact, there's no way my parents would have joined it in the 1970s if they were presented with this.
  • waton
    waton

This new kh scene, - all looking in the same direction, reading the same words, listening to their own voices, listening to genuinely generated, not cardboard speaker based voices is a powerful uniting element, we here, with our ideas/words only regime,- can not match. Compare a real concert , or piano recital to the same coming over the intercom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit