Are you an organ donor?

by onintwo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

As I recall, about four years ago, when renewing my driving license, I checked the box for "organ donor". At the time, I mentioned my decision to my husband, who had his own different feelings on this subject. They didn't agree with mine. We agreed to disagree.

He says that if you check that box and then have to go to the ER or have an operation, --if they needed a body part fast, they just might let you die. YIKES!! Paranoia in the works there I think.

I'm not concerned at all. If I am deceased and I can do some good to someone else through a donation of a good sound organ, then by all means, I think of it as a very loving thing. I don't believe age has all that much to do with the organ, when it comes to saving another life. As long as it is healthy, it can be used.

I certainly cannot control what a hospital does, but I assured my husband that he could take charge and look after me, and that they would always take into consideration his wishes as well.

/<

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I was an organ donor when I was an active JW.

Blondie

• azaria
    azaria

I am a donor, except for the medical research part. I guess I just don't want my kids going through the ordeal of knowing my body was being cut apart. Would my kids ever get that info? I understand that the lab would get rid of the body, so there would be an empty coffin at the funeral?

• patio34
    patio34

ha-ha: I'm not presently an organ donor--I need them! But I would be one in the event of my death.

Puternut, you're gross, lol.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit