Has the countdown begun???

by Poztate 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Counting attendance at the meeting JW style over the years

When I was a teenager, the criteria was

Awake

Old enough to comprehend and answer (3 and over)

At the meeting for at least 30 minutes of it (no latecomers)

in 2004

Asleep are counted

1 day old and over

At the meeting for 60 seconds of it

Blondie

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Surprised that no one else has commented on what stillajw said in this thread. It is important that all understand his mistake so that it is not repeated by others.

Sam

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilljwexelder said: "There is a strong possibility -- -the only things that will change this are another catacylismic event similar to 9/11 or some major medical breakthrough which proves that JWs were right about blood transfusions all along -- nothing else can save them ." Why would you say that? The JW reason for abstinence from blood is a religious argument! It has nothing to do with medical science. Your statement above shows that you have fallen into the trap set for you by the WTS wherein they turn the blood issue into what is "healthy" for a person, what the dangers and side effects are. The WTS has set itself up as a medical advisory service (an area in which it has absolutely no qualifications) rather than a religion. I am sure that you just miss-spoke, still, but I could not let your statement go unchallenged. You have a pm on this -- The JW reason for abstinence from blood is a religious argument! It has nothing to do with medical science. My point is simply that JWs will make it a medical argument when it suits thier purposes -- anything to boost numbers/flagging meeting attendance etc

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Thanks for your response, Still. I will get back to you soon, but I am very tired right now.

Sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit