Has the countdown begun???

by Poztate 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

I seem to have noticed lately an increasing number of persons that have declared that they are fading and soon will be out.Along with these ones there are also seemingly a large number of new ones signing up with this board.

Do you thing that this will show up as a "blip" on the WT radar screen when a large number of people opt out at the same time???

I hope so !!!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is a strong possibility -- -the only things that will change this are another catacylismic event similar to 9/11 or some major medical breakthrough which proves that JWs were right about blood transfusions all along -- nothing else can save them . I actaully find it sad that to survive the WTBTS as group needs something morbid/disaster/cataclysmic to happen -- in other words something negative rather than something positive - - I am a positive the glass is half full person --- not a negative the glass is half empty type

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I seem to have noticed lately an increasing number of persons that have declared that they are fading and soon will be out.

Poz

well, it appears jehover is blessing our online community

Do you thing that this will show up as a "blip" on the WT radar screen when a large number of people opt out at the same time???

Poz

I as well would like to think of myself as a postive person. And this would be great.

But my attitude would be better described for things like this as "Expect the worst and hope for the best."

• Special K
    Special K

One thing the WTBS has done to adjust their "fading blips" that I noticed ...

is when I was a J.W. ,10 years ago,.. You needed to report 1 hour of field service per month any less than that and you started to become inactive..

NOW... I am told that you only need to report 15 min per month to remain active.

This is a "bliping adjustment"...of the Watchtower Society.

sincerely

Special K

• Poztate
    Poztate
    But my attitude would be better described for things like this as "Expect the worst and hope for the best."

I know this may prove out to be nothing more that wishfull thinking.Some times this is all that can cheer me up.

I long to hear the final toilet flush as this religion goes where it rightfully belongs.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I think that the WTS is already noticing this. Alot of people here are talking about how much meeting attendance is down, and if we consider the articles in the WT about apostates. I also get this vibe from the meetings, since I haven't heard this much talk about apostates in awhile.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Of note. JW retention last year was greater than past years.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Stilljwexelder said: " There is a strong possibility -- -the only things that will change this are another catacylismic event similar to 9/11 or some major medical breakthrough which proves that JWs were right about blood transfusions all along -- nothing else can save them ."

Why would you say that? The JW reason for abstinence from blood is a religious argument! It has nothing to do with medical science.

Your statement above shows that you have fallen into the trap set for you by the WTS wherein they turn the blood issue into what is "healthy" for a person, what the dangers and side effects are. The WTS has set itself up as a medical advisory service (an area in which it has absolutely no qualifications) rather than a religion.

I am sure that you just miss-spoke, still, but I could not let your statement go unchallenged.

Sam

• Gopher
    Gopher
    JW retention last year was greater than past years.

When I was in the JW's, the worldwide growth in publisher count was about a million every 4 years or so. Then in the late 90's, it got stuck around 6 million. And it's still stuck there.

But with the JW's, they LOVE to interpret the numbers....

-- Number of publishers growing: Jehovah blessing the "theocratic increase".

-- Number of publishers declining: Jehovah blessing the organization by weeding out the unworthy ones.

But... what if they're merely happy with "retention" of existing publishers, with no growth or decline? If the numbers aren't significantly moving, then there is no explanation forthcoming from the organization about how the numbers prove Jehovah's blessing on JW's.

And as was pointed out in a previous post, those numbers are gerry-rigged due to the allowance for the 15-minute per month regular publisher. 15 minutes? Heck, that's like knocking on 3 or 4 doors and then going out for a service break!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    -- Number of publishers declining: Jehovah blessing the organization by weeding out the unworthy ones.

I am sure that when the big drop in numbers comes they will look on it as a positive sign. The poor dumb buggers that are still stuck in will have to peddle their wares a lot harder just to stay even. What a depressing thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit