Another reason Watchtower may be hurting financially

by shepherdless 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

For a century, thousands of JW marched on Court Street in Colombia Heights, 24/7, wt winning every Court battle by the way.

Or did we only hear about the ones they won? Even today with all the media out there, most JW's don't know about the child abuse cases. Early on they lost a certain case and the GB was thrown in jail but as we all know, they only publicised that loss because they could spin it as part of a fulfillment of a bible prophecy, a prophecy that has been changed and rearranged but still hasn't come about.

Now, wt changed their position, they moved away from Court Street in downtown Brooklyn and are at Warwick

Not sure what you mean by Court Street in Brooklyn ? Their HQ was at 124 Columbia Heights in Brooklyn and today, of course, is in the Town of Warwick.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nevertheless its an interesting dilemma or consequences for the WTS as a whole to whats been happening to the WTS in recent years.

The decline of the operations of the WTS/JWS involving meetings, literature being printed and distributed, Assembly days. etc.

As people have stated the JWS religion is not what it used to be and that's probably a good thing for humanity overall..

Its looking more and more that the WTS always was and sustained itself as being a commercial scam indentured by a religious publishing house.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They should adjust and regress ( progress??? ) back to using rented facilities, or just meet in homes again!

Heck, they could all have "treat night" again, and work on basement bunkers, all the while counting time! Win/win...WIN!!!

If they want to retain members, you gotta bring back treat night!!!

DD

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    As I said, not only is the flock not growing, the flock is producing less wool for the Borg to fleece.

The worst (or best, if you are a vindictive person) part is that showing that type of information to them, or to any JW look demonic to them. They run away from that kind of hard data.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Does Watchtower somehow aggregate financial data about its members?

It would make sense that they should if they are depending on donations now rather than the sales of literature.

Any good corporation would have information on the demographics of its customers in order to market to them and adjust their business model.

So, my question is: does Watchtower know how much income its members have and the liklihood of their spending some of it on WT?

Does anybody know?

• Jayk
    Jayk
    I know a couple very wealthy witness families.. I would be very interested to see how much they contribute..the kids all go to separate halls which I could sell elders trying to spread the wealth around.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't know about the lack of money within the WTS organization but I know of 3 brand new KHs being built in Vancouver here.

As its been mentioned before the WTS in the last 2 to 3 years made over 2 billion dollars in real estate transactions from selling many of its properties, including most of their properties in Brooklyn New York.

I think it may be a regional thing where attendance might be low so they thought hey why not sell a KH or two and use the money to enlarge and renovate a single KH .

To say the WTS is short of money these days is a lie, perpetrated by themselves blindsiding their brainwashed drones or the flock.

Remember they are in the business to lie so they're well practiced in it.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Hi all, thanks for all of your good comments.

A couple of points:

I'm guessing this means since women are increasing as a percentage of jws over men, and women generally earning so much less than men, this too will impact donations.

Yes, that is what I meant. This is a complicated subject, and it would take me lot of work to explain in detail. Just for starters, a graph of median income vs age for women (instead of men) tends to be a different shape.

So, my question is: does Watchtower know how much income its members have and the liklihood of their spending some of it on WT?

They would have a trove of data direct from congregations. I doubt that they would have data about people's incomes, but they would definitely have sufficient data to line up demographics with expected donations. Do they do that? I don't know.

• Listener
    Listener

An interesting topic Sheperdless. It looks like Inform Ant has picked up on it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdVEfaGCSs

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Very good topic and stellar posts , following this ! Thank-you all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit