Heh heh...I'm a role model!

by joannadandy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Why is Mercutio commonly cast as an African American? (Just curious if anyone else has noticed this trend...)

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Woo Hoo!!! Joannadandy!!! I'm soooooo prouda yew sista!!!

ESTEE

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... I believe in you JO !!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Um, Doc...you don't have any kids.

I was speaking hypothetically.

• Xena
    Xena

You teach 9th graders????? What the hell were you thinking????? Well I guess someone has to do it....

Lookin good Jo

• Undecided
    Undecided

I couldn't pass the test. I know nothing about the play, couldn't name the actors. Good thing I'm too old to be in school.

Ken P.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Jo,

Role Model eh?.. hum imagining a bunch of Jo like clones running around. Muwhhahahahahaaha!

The world needs more Jo like people.

Actors: Who best represents the main characters? Everyone in Hollywood is clamoring to be in your production. You have your pick of any actor/actress.

Romeo - Nick Cannon Juliet - Julia Styles Mayor Escalus - Susan Sarandon

Mercutio - Busta Rhymes Tybalt - Matt Damon Friar Laurence - Antonio Banderas

Benvolio - Jamie Foxx Nurse - Kathy Bates Paris - Orlando Bloom

Lord Montague - Dennis Haysbert Lord Capulet - Kevin Spacey

Lady Montague - Angela Bassett Lady Capulet - Sharon Stone

In school, we took parts of the play and had to read them. It got us involved and proactive in learning the play for English Class. ( I had four English Classes in one Semester. I took two as an elective classes.. see what good it has done me.. piff.)

Maybe, you could put a spin on it. Acting the part as Antonio Banderas with accents and all. It could make learning it fun.

X.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Why is Mercutio commonly cast as an African American?

Just for the record I had rather take a beating than be forced to study this stuff again. I have problems understanding modern day English as it is spoken by Simon, Eman, truckergb and others, as it was spoken hundreds of years ago--forget it!!

Having said that, I have a question, how can a man of African descent who lived in England centurys ago be considered "African American?" If I've missed something here, beat me with a wet noodle. Bug

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Joanna, ever see Death to Smoochy?

Doesn't it just make ya wanna , to know I am responsible for the education of your children? *evil laughter*

IT'S A C*CK! IT'S A C*CK AND BALLS!

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Hey,

your kids might actually have to read the book to answer these questions. I would have a lot of trouble because I remember the crappy movies better than I remember the book.

Great job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit