Heh heh...I'm a role model!

by joannadandy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Doesn't it just make ya wanna , to know I am responsible for the education of your children? *evil laughter*

So I am entering my third week of student teaching next week. That means I get to take over. (eep!) I guess I am ready as I'll ever be.

So I am feverishly working together my lesson plans for next week. I've got two sections of 9th graders, we're reading Romeo and Juliet. I gave them the intro to Shakespeare last week...my teacher handled act 1 so I could get a feel for it...and now I finish up the play.

But I have reached a landmark...my very first worksheet; made all by myself!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Envisioning Romeo and Juliet

You?ve been asked to be the director for a new production of Romeo and Juliet. As the director there are some big choices you must make. The production company expects you to freshen things up, but still keep the original intent of Shakespeare?s work?namely the script!

Insert cartoon here--can't get it to work here for some reason

1. Medium: It is up to you to choose if this will be a film or stage production. Consider the benefits and drawbacks of each. Why did you make this choice? (1 pt.)
    2. Setting: When is the movie/play going to be set? In 1590, 1950, 2004, or 2090? Will it be in Verona or St. Cloud, Minnesota? Why did you make the choices you did? (1 pt)
    3. Title: Those crazy advertising people want you to re-title the play. Make sure people will be able to tell the story relates to R & J. No fair using the example from above! (2 pts)
    4. Actors: Who best represents the main characters? Everyone in Hollywood is clamoring to be in your production. You have your pick of any actor/actress.

Romeo Juliet Prince Escalus

Mercutio Tybalt Friar Laurence

Benvolio Nurse Paris

Lord Montague Lord Capulet

Lady Montague Lady Capulet

Why did you pick this person to play this character? What characteristics

are important to this character that you think this actor/actress can portray? (2 pts for each character and explanation)

30 POINTS POSSIBLE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I know this has nothing to do with the forum, but I get as giddy as a librarian on re-shelving day over crap like this....and I just have to share it with someone.

And you guys are like family to me. So I feel the need to check in with the fam every now and again and let them know what's getting my knickers in a twist of late.

(Thanks for indulging me)

So honest opinions? What do you think? Lame assignment? I want them to get into the play and get the characters fixed in their minds, I thought this might help them get into the text more...I dunno.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

Why isn't Cornholio on that list of characters???? LOL

seriously jo, you're going to make an excellent teacher. you already inspire me to broaden my vocabulary. good luck with the rest of the play!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Cool!! I'm sure you'll do great! I would be proud to have my kids look up to you as a role model. You have a killer sense of humor, and that's the most important personality trait.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ohhhh Lord! You serving as a roll model?!?!?

Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    You serving as a roll model?!?!?

A roll model? Is that why she's wearing a cinnabon confection on her head?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Why isn't Cornholio on that list of characters???? LOL

I tell you once I get tenure he'll get added to the list...just as a test to see if the kiddies are paying attention of course!

Dr- Thanks man...I appreciate it...

*Sends Elsewhere to the time out desk*

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Details... details...

lol

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm with Doc on this, I'd be happy any day to have you teach my kid or other family in school.

• Badger
    Badger

((Joanna))

What an awesome Idea! permission for a seasoned teacher to steal it for his History students....

1. Medium: It is up to you to choose if this will be a film or stage production. Consider the benefits and drawbacks of each. Why did you make this choice? (1 pt.)

Film, absotively. Reach more people. Besides, Broadway sucks.

1. Setting: When is the movie/play going to be set? In 1590, 1950, 2004, or 2090? Will it be in Verona or St. Cloud, Minnesota? Why did you make the choices you did? (1 pt)

1994, Los Angeles. Screw 80's nostalga.....

1. Title: Those crazy advertising people want you to re-title the play. Make sure people will be able to tell the story relates to R & J. No fair using the example from above! (2 pts)

Star Cross'd in L.A.

Actors: Who best represents the main characters? Everyone in Hollywood is clamoring to be in your production. You have your pick of any actor/actress.

Romeo - Nick Cannon Juliet - Julia Styles Mayor Escalus - Susan Sarandon

Mercutio - Busta Rhymes Tybalt - Matt Damon Friar Laurence - Antonio Banderas

Benvolio - Jamie Foxx Nurse - Kathy Bates Paris - Orlando Bloom

Lord Montague - Dennis Haysbert Lord Capulet - Kevin Spacey

Lady Montague - Angela Bassett Lady Capulet - Sharon Stone

• Princess
    Princess
    I would be proud to have my kids look up to you as a role model

Um, Doc...you don't have any kids.

Seriously, you are going to be the cool teacher in school. Everyone is going to want to be in Ms Joannadandy's class.

Congrats!

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit