US Presidential Elections: Statistics G. Washington to George W. Bush

by Shaft 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger
    One point: former democracies were made redundant by politicians going after big cities and ignoring the smaller towns.

Good point...thus the existence of the Electoral College and the Federal System. states like Oklahoma and Arizona are still relevant.

• freeman
    freeman
    And bush won that by taking Florida...and therein lies most of the dispute over the 2000 result.

The real truth is that Mr. Gore didn?t just lose it all in Florida; his first loss was in Tennessee! Had Al Gore just won his own home state, he would now call 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue home. I?ll bet that fact really haunts him to this day.

Freeman

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it, too.

out

• Badger
    Badger
    you do realize that an idependent count (after the smoke cleared) showed that bush was the clear winner of florida, right? just in case anyone missed it: (Newsmax site)

But It doesn't change the wrong committed by the Supreme Court. I've always been of the position that Bush did win Florida (after purging tens of thousands of black voters for felonies...many committed in 2005, 2006 or 2007). But the Supreme Court had no right, precedence, or jurisdiction to interfere in the recount.

If you doubt it, tell me with a straight face that Fat Tony Scalia, Carlence Thomas, Bill Renquist, et. al., would have voted the exact same way if Gore was leading and Bush was pushing for a recount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit