Sorry for the occasional unintentional 'dislike'

by paul from cleveland 22 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Listener
    Listener
    Our votes are not anonymous then, the moderators know who we are personally liking and disliking.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

No, likes / dislikes are about opinions and flags are completely separate - those are for definite violations of posting rules / guidelines.

Think of flags as "I think this is wrong and a moderator maybe needs to look at it"

Likes / dislikes are just a way for you to give a thumbs up or down to something someone posted as a form of feedback even if you don't really have anything to say about it.

simon i have looked at the posting guidlines and I have not violated any of them. I think perhaps I have annoyed the muscular atheists here but disagreeing with their views does not consist of violating posting guidlines.

regarding my views concerning Islam - again what I have said does not contravene posting guidlines as I am not muslim. I if have defended religions, then, nor does this contravene posting guidelines as I am an atheist. My pov is mostly humanist and I am very much for human rights and for justice but i don't support any kind of ideological/religious zeal.

do you some new annonymous mods?

• Simon
    Simon
    Our votes are not anonymous then, the moderators know who we are personally liking and disliking

Moderators can't see them but I can if I go into the database. To prevent duplicate votes the system needs to know if you've already voted on a post or not and what that post was. I'm also looking at introducing some checks because some people are blatantly "playing the person" and following people round to vote for them / doing mass voting all the time.

This is not what the system is intended for and I consider it an abuse. Don't be surprised if your account get's deleted.

Here's an interesting question ... who would and wouldn't be comfortable if the system started showing *who* had voted and what their vote was? Like facebook "John, Paul and 2 others liked this post".

LOL

simon i have looked at the posting guidlines and I have not violated any of them. I think perhaps I have annoyed the muscular atheists here but disagreeing with their views does not consist of violating posting guidlines.

I don't know what you're talking about. The only thing the likes / dislikes do is change the like / dislike counters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit