Serena Williams

by Kenneson 19 Replies latest social physical

• catchthis
    catchthis

Good for them. Make the Society squirm a little. I just love reading about their "preaching" and then seeing a picture of them waving the American flag around. I still do not know why the Society hasn't prepared an article yet alluding to them to set things straight.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Oh they gotta be in some sorta trouble....... the outfits they wear are not what the WTS would consider "modest," they are way to showy and short. Tennis clothing is short of course, but look at what she designs. And the flag thing? Being on the Olympic team? Competitive sports? Acting world?

These girls must be telling the elders that they are just going to do what they are going to do.......they probably only get to go in service but not give talks or be used as sisters in any other way.

• Erich
    Erich

I had a conflict with you, xjw-b12 (regarding "brigadoon") - but in this matter you are quite right.

Regarding Venus: It`s the typical "Michael-Jackson-Syndrome" in the beginning status. I often could watch this phenomenon, when JW`s became rich, or well-known in medias, or managers, or doctors or champions in sports and so on...

erich

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Maybe they will just all relax.

I bet they miss meetings to practice.

CZAR

• Wallflower
  • Frantic
    Frantic

hahaha nice work wallflower. Well, I didnt know the williams sisters were jw's. Personally, I prefer to watch Martina Hingis play (winks).

• Panda
    Panda

I remember for years that MJ was still a JW until he did the Thriller video and dubs complained about the evil monsters he portrayed. Serena and Venus have the same cover story as the Jackson's ie., Dad is an unbeliever and since he's the HEAD we must follow him to the recording studio or tennis court. But that only lasts just so long and the CO start hearing from the PO's blah blah blah and then it's DA'd or DF'D.

I think Frantic is a racist.(wink wink)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I just love watching Serena BOUNCING around the tennis court - literally

• crownboy
    crownboy

I guess Serena Williams is in the latest SI swimsuit issue with the blessing of Ted Jaracz?

Well, her swimsuits are somewhat more modest than some others :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2004_swimsuit/athletes/

• bebu
    bebu

First, I always kinda wondered why they named their daughter "Venus"--after a Roman goddess... Nice name, of course, but kinda surprising for a any practising JW to think of bestowiing on a daughter.

But...those pics of Venus on Sports Illustrated...with a pierced naval! And Venus running with the flag... !!!

I guess they are doing their own kind of witnessing work. Are Serena and Venus considered models for young dub girls? This is a serious question.

Ya gotta love the double-standards going on here...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit