Did You Ever Think That The Demons Were After You?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know so many JWs that LOVE to think Satan and his demons are after them. If they were being "persecuted", it was because of the Devil and his demons. If they got an ache or pain, it was because Satan was trying to "discourage" them.......Did you think the demons were trying to get you, too?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yes, [ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/54351/1.ashx ] but I'm all better now.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My mother thinks they already have me.

Walter

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I always had a hard time believing that stuff... invisible supernatural beings and other things like that.

I guess that's why I'm not in the bOrg anymore.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

When I was younger, my mom had me so scared of demons. One night I laid awake and thought they were all around me! I ran to her room and she said all these prayers out loud trying to scare them away. I think it actually made her happy that she did scare them away. You know the saying about yelling Jehovahs name out loud? Well she sure did. I bet the neighbors were ready to call the police!

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

To be honest when I was in the Org, having Jehovah and angels around didn't do me much good, so having left and replacing them with Satan and his demons I feel a lot better - in mind and spirit. No contest really.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

My father's one of those for whom every temptation, or every opportunity to make a mistake, comes from Satan. I once (while still a JW) told a bible study of my dad's: "I think my father attributes a bit too much to Satan."

I was occasionally afraid of the demons--e.g. if I woke up after an unsettling dream, or something like that--but I didn't blame them for everyday occurrences that could be clearly explained by natural means.

• NikL
    NikL

I remember having a copy of a record that I was sure was posessed. Actually took it out back and burned it. Too bad because it would probably be quite valuable now. My aunt told me whan I was planning on dropping our of the borg "The devil really got you".

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Here I go again, misreading title threads...I thought it said - "Did you ever think that Matt Damon was after you?"

TresHappy

Of the "stalking" class

• blondie
    blondie

I'll be repetitive, but here goes: Being around my abusive father 24/7 was worse than any imaginary, unseen devil.

Having faced that "demon father," I was confident that I could face Satan who I figured had no interest in a person with no status at the KH.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit