9-11 Conspiracy Theories and the CBC's Fifth Estate

by xjw_b12 11 Replies latest social current

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Last night I watched a program on CBC's Fifth Estate hosted by Bob McKeown. It was originally broadcast October 29, 2003.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/index.html

Curious if anyone else saw it, and what your thoughts were?

The Program was titled:

CONSPIRACY THEORIES Uncovering the facts beyond the myths of September 11 th 2001

Now I have read and heard a lot of conspiracy theories about 9-11, (some of them at this board) and haven't given them much credence.

However as the program last night stated, " that even the most outlandish conspiracy theory may have its basis in a legitimate question." And " many of these theories are based, at least in part, on legitimate questions that have remained unanswered since September 11th.

What really made me sit up and take notice, was a video clip they showed of George W. Bush addressing an audience, microphone in hand, stating how when he was in the classroom watching the TV, and saw the first plane struck, and how he felt. What the hell? That video clip wasn't available until the following day? I don't know? Flair for the dramatic, plain stupidity, or George knows something we don't!

The following are excerpts from the Fifth Estates Web Page:

"There is a long and tangled history between the Bush family and the elite of Saudi Arabia." Including Sept. 11/2001

"The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later."

THE USS COLE
    "The USS Cole, sitting in a harbor off the coast of Yemen, is attacked by a boat laden with explosives, killing 17 sailors in October 2000. The FBI arrive in Yemen to investigate the attack, which they conclude is an al Qaeda operation. Eventually the U.S. State Department kicks out the FBI to prevent hurting relations with Yemen. The FBI again sees evidence of links to the USS Cole attack with Saudi Arabia but cannot pursue them."

BUSH BRIEFING"In August, President Bush receives a detailed and lengthy presidential daily briefing from the CIA in which Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda?s aim of launching an attack against the US is mentioned. To this day, the Bush White House refuses to release the contents of this briefing to Congressional inquiries into 9/11."

THE CONGRESSIONAL REPORT "Hearings about the intelligence failure began on Capitol Hill several months after 9/11. A Congressional Committee was formed to investigate just what happened and why. The focus was to be on what U.S. intelligence agencies knew - or should have known - prior to the bombings."
    "The much anticipated 800 page report was released in the summer of 2003. (go to the

web site for the report)"

THE MISSING PAGES"Most of the attention has been focused on 28 pages that have been ordered classified and blacked-out to the public.

People familiar with the missing pages claim that they deal with the Saudi government's relationship with the 9/11 hijackers."

"In an interview with the fifth estate, Eleanor Hill, chief investigator for the Committee, would only confirm that those files dealt with sources of foreign support for the hijackers.
    ""Because they're classified I can't tell you what's in those pages. I can tell you that the chapter deals with some information that our committee found in the FBI and CIA files that was very disturbing. It had to do with sources of foreign support for the hijackers.""

The full story: http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/index.html

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Come on now, everyone knows the World Zionist Organization flew those planes into the towers.

• sens
    sens

It was a tragedy that should never have happend....why must people start this conspiracy theory shit....like the classic ''oh look there was a ufo sited near the twin towers" etc etc...some people need a life...and fast. what next? the hollow earth theory

• foreword
    foreword

It's a conspiracy by the Canadian government and it's media to bring down George Bush.....

None of that could be true......We just love to spread lies.

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Yep, I saw at least part of it. The part that made me take notice was about the "charities" in Saudi that were suddenly classified before this information could be made known. If you ask me, Bush and his buddies acted in contempt of congress.

Wg

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well I told you ... the Arabie soudian (are the reach people) and yes of course they are affiliate in many ways to some US citizen and not only (guess who ?) but each time I try to make you see a link in between them too. Oooops people gets mad !

We know that since a long time. Those guy's in the planes were not muslims (fanatics yes, but not muslims - alcool drinker etc ...) but Oh well ...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sorry French, ya lost me that time.

I agree with you in one sense, those guys weren't representative of most muslims.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

frenchbabyface:

but each time I try to make you see a link in between them too. Oooops people gets mad !

I understood what you were saying. I knew this wouldn't be a popular topic, when I brought it up. But there were just too many unanswered questions in that program, and on the web link, that made me uncomfortable.

And the fact it came from the CBC, lends some credence to the story. I thought they covered the story with balance, but those nagging questions ...................

• foreword
    foreword

America doesn't want those questions answered. They fear it might be true. Imagine if one of their own was somewhat responsible for those attacks, especially their president, it would destroy their faith in their leaders, something they can't afford to let happen. Their solution? Let's stick our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.

For a country who lauds themselves as a beacon of free speech and democracy, they sure have a way with allowing faulty intelligence to seep to it's constituents. They'll try to impeach their president for having sex in the White House, but refuse to look into serious allegations that their President could be behind the attacks of 9/11, go figure. They equate conspiracy theories with lies, it puts their mind at ease since it's all lies anyway.

Anyway, there was enough in that news broadcast to make someone go hmmmm....

• foreword
    foreword

Thanks Blind Zebra for the link....it should keep me busy for a while....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit