An old JW friend got back to me ,Phillipine Convention experience and my reply.

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    • This link had to do with the experience that was given by a young witness pioneer in the Phillipines convention and her take was on return to Jehovah .

An old time friend from the past sent me this link a couple of weeks ago trying to encourage me to come back to the religion and asked me what I thought of it ?

I said I would if she could reply to my 2 questions first fair enough ? So far I haven`t heard back from her and I will let you know if and when I do.

The 2 questions I asked her was to do with Jehovah`s name and the Christian Greek Scriptures ,especially the KI publication the WT brought out ,the word for word Greek to English that didn`t have an equivalent Greek word for Jehovah .

And the other one was to do with the charge that was given to Christians ,followers of JC to witness about Jesus with over 20 such scriptures and not one saying anything about being a witness for Jehovah anywhere in the NT.

Over the years she has always still kept in touch, a little bit eccentric and we had a lot to do with her family and mine back in the day when we were all believers .

.And she is not backward in coming forward about having a go at the Elders who she doesn`t agree with .

At the time I looked at the link and have posted somewhere else about it on this forum and mentioned I didn`t see anything about "Returning to Jehovah" in it .

Anyway this was a few weeks ago and I was still waiting to hear from her..Today we got mail from her ,,slow mail ,even though we have each others e-mail address .And in the envelope was only the WT "Return To Jehovah " and inside a $50 note.?

No letter / note from her and no answer to any of the questions I asked her .? WTF ?

As I said she is a bit eccentric and must be close to my age 80 ,so what can I say ?

I think I will just let it rest and wait for her to contact me again ,I imagine curiosity will get the better of her and she will want to know how I viewed the magazine ?

Oh , the games that we play ...?

And to be fair I will read this WT magazine she sent ,though it panes me to do so ,I will read it . And comment if the need arises .

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

$50 ? OK that doesn't make any sense, I can't imagine what she was thinking.

Good luck getting any response to your questions!

• User99
    User99

I’ve heard of hush money. Maybe it’s cognitive dissonance hush money.

• tiki
    tiki

Strange....I wonder what she was thinking sending money....

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The $50 was her symbolic way of giving you the '30 pieces of silver' that Judas got for betraying Jesus!

How could you leave jehober? And why would you not want to be one of jehober's witnesses even though the bible clearly says that christians should be jesus witnesses? Shame on you! Get thee behind me satan! lol lol lol

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Our "friend" phoned us up yesterday a/noon while I was preparing dinner and we just idle chit chatted for a few minutes then I handed the phone to my wife & left it on loudspeaker .

She did bring up some things about Jehovah and the brothers and my wife said something like its not as though we have`t heard all of this a million times before and if it makes you happy so be it. She also said she still hasn`t got around to reading it yet but will do so as promised when she feels a bit better.

I`m not sure but that might have been the start of the end of the conversation?

She never mentioned anything about the questions I had asked her and I didn`t bring it up then ,what I might do is just send her an email asking why she hasn`t replied to my earlier Q`s and see if I get a response .

My wife does`t like me doing it and says she`s happy just let her be.But I can`t help myself LOL ,I am respectful and don`t go out of my way to upset her as she is a bit eccentric and we always have a laugh with her.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure you at least thanked her for the $50......

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Of course BB and anymore she wants to send LOL ,and i do think we jokingly said it will take a lot more than a $50 here or there to sway us to go back.

They say every man or woman has his/her price ,nah, all the tea in China or all the money in the world would not tempt us ,NO WAY.

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Ahahhaha...even the money! Maybe it is a new light to preach in that way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit