Experience given @ Phillipines Memorial Talk on JW.Org

by smiddy3 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I don't believe their statistics or their anecdotes anymore especially the ones from developing countries. Naturally the story was about a Doctor who coincidentally got "12" his friends to tune into the broadcast rather than being about the lowly person who empties the bed pans. Much more impressive that way.

If they were able to keep track of those who tuned in, it seems odd that they rounded the number off ( "over 31,000 attended") rather than giving the full number which would have been more impressive and would have been more credible.

Not buying it...I'll bet the Mormons have the same story.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Daphane Jane participating in the ministry

APRIL 14, 2020
    PHILIPPINES

2020 Memorial Commemoration

Tens of Thousands View the Memorial as a Result of Young Pioneer’s Invitation in the Philippines

In Davao City, Philippines, over 31,000 non-Witnesses linked in to one congregation’s Memorial commemoration. In obedience to governmental restrictions, the congregation was not able to meet together, so they held their observance via videoconference. The extraordinary turnout was the result of one young pioneer’s invitation.

Seventeen-year-old Daphane Jane is a regular pioneer in Davao City. She has been battling the early onset of glaucoma for several years, which has degenerated her eyesight. Daphane was determined to invite the doctor who has been treating her glaucoma to view the special talk and the Memorial via videoconference.

The doctor was impressed that Daphane could answer his questions using the Bible and direct him to articles from jw.org, so he accepted her invitation. On Sunday, April 5, not only was the doctor tied in to the special talk but 12 of his colleagues were tied in as well. Those colleagues, in turn, had invited yet more people. As a result, 128 people linked in to the special talk.

After the program, one of the doctors admitted that he previously “hated Jehovah’s Witnesses” and opposed our ministry. But having heard the special talk, he expressed: “I would like to apologize because I shouted at one of your sisters and humiliated her. Thank you so much for the privilege of listening to your talk. Please continue your preaching work.”

Daphane’s doctor decided to also watch the Memorial program and invite even more of his colleagues. Since the congregation’s videoconferencing system could not handle the added number of people, the doctor even assisted in hosting the videoconference. On the day of the Memorial, medical professionals, policemen, and high government officials were linked in to the meeting. By the end of the Memorial, over 31,000 had connected to the program either by video or audio.

One medical professional thanked Daphane and the brothers for the invitation and said: “We had no idea that Jehovah’s Witnesses preach online. You are using technology in a very good way.”

Another stated: “Many of us, doctors and nurses, were able to join. It’s been a long time since we have listened to a Bible talk, and this is the first time we had it through videoconference. We were surprised that the Witnesses have this way of worship. We hope that you continue these arrangements. It is a very big help especially during these times when things are getting worse.”

For some, the special talk and Memorial were especially moving. One viewer expressed: “It was my first time to cry while listening to a Bible-based talk. I am very thankful to you, Daphane Jane, that you invited your doctor, and we too were included among those comforted. Now, I believe that there is a God, and I thank you, because my point of view was changed.”

Having seen how Jehovah has helped her, Daphane Jane is determined to keep on preaching despite her physical limitations and the challenges of the pandemic. Her experience reminds us that we should “not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out.”—Galatians 6:9.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In one city over 31,000 non witnesses linked in to the memorial commemoration? yeah right.

The whole experience is contrived and just beggars belief that anyone could take this seriously its propaganda at its worst .

One medical professional thanked Daphane and the brothers for the invitation and said: “We had no idea that Jehovah’s Witnesses preach online. You are using technology in a very good way.”

Decades after Christendom were doing this On the day of the Memorial, medical professionals, policemen, and high government officials were linked in to the meeting. By the end of the Memorial, over 31,000 had connected to the program either by video or audio.

Give me a break ,and yet the rank and file are lapping it up

• waton
    waton
    policemen, and high government officials were linked in to the meeting.

S3: right: If you ever lived in a country like that, you were in deep financial trouble if one these characters. aka alligators, ever "linked in" to you.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    After the program, one of the doctors admitted that he previously “hated Jehovah’s Witnesses” and opposed our ministry. But having heard the special talk, he expressed: “I would like to apologize because I shouted at one of your sisters and humiliated her. Thank you so much for the privilege of listening to your talk. Please continue your preaching work.”

As they say: Puh leez B!tch. Doctor thinking to himself: "I hate JWs, they are a cult, but this girl is brainwashed by them, so I'll watch their 'special' talk". Doctor watches that lame @ss talk and says "Wow! I changed my mind!, Their grrreat!"

Sorry for the swears.

When I was a kid I would read or hear these lies and think "Huh, I've never seen anything like this, but I've heard impressive things at assemblies. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I need to move to a 3rd world country to preach." Cog Dis and guilt at work. I didn't personally know the experiences at the assemblies at the time. Once I did, they didn't match the actual experience, then I had the part on the assembly that didn't match, then they mistreated me in a highly hypocritical way (they mistreat everyone)...now I'm here! 🥴

• waton
    waton

A more realistic experience from that kind of country, Poor sister with non believing husband and 2 children, listens to wt brainwashing, working part time as a washerwomen, pioneers. Husband gets fed up and leaves her. now she can not get to her washing place ( no motorcycle taxies), now she has no food. now what? the watons of this world to the rescue.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An old time friend from the past sent me this link a week ago trying to encourage me to come back to the religion and asked me what I thought of it ?

I said I would if she could reply to my 2 questions first fair enough ? So far I haven`t heard back from her and I will let you know if and when I do.

The 2 questions I asked her was to do with Jehovah`s name and the Christian Greek Scriptures ,especially the KI publication the WT brought out ,the word for word Greek to English that didn`t have an equivalent greek word for Jehovah .

And the other one was to do with the charge that was given to Christians ,followers of JC to witness about Jesus with over 20 such scriptures and not one saying anything about being a witness for Jehovah anywhere in the NT.

Over the years she has always still kept in touch, a little bit eccentric and we had a lot to do with her family and mine. And she is not backward in coming forward about having a go at the Elders that she doesn`t agree with .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit