un resolution to ban religion

by free will 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free will
    free will

when i read this at first and then looked at the web site. i thought oh no, what have i done. they were right. but now, i'm thinking it was just a matter of time before someone attempted the unachievable. who knows maybe it's all a borg plot to get the strays back in line. well take from it what you will.

All Press Releases for January 27, 2004 Proposed UN Resolution Would Effectively Ban Religion A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York. NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2004 -- A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York. The resolution is being proposed by Antony Last, founder of formulism.org, a site which claims that freedom FROM religion would be of far greater benefit to mankind than freedom OF religion. Freedom from Religion | Proposed UN Resolution / Charter Amendment | Version 1.1 WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS HEREBY VOW * to save succeeding generations from the scourge of organized religion, a folly which has brought untold sorrow to mankind through the division, hatred and conflict it engenders, and * to reaffirm an individual's right to freedom of belief, freedom of conscience and freedom of prayer, and * to establish conditions under which these freedoms can be privately exercised. AND FOR THESE ENDS WE UNDERTAKE 1. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the public expression of religious beliefs, including the use of symbols, clothing or markings which are synonymous with any currently or previously existing religions. 2. To outlaw, with immediate effect, public acts of worship or religious declaration. 3. To outlaw, with immediate effect, private gatherings of three or more people for the purposes of engaging in acts of worship or religious services. 4. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the publication of books, literature or articles which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. 5. To outlaw, after a period of amnesty, the personal ownership of books or materials which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. (Books of academic or social interest will be made freely available to schools, universities and public libraries). 6. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the celebration of religiously significant dates. 7. To begin, wi! th immed iate effect, the destruction or reassignment of predominantly religious buildings, such as churches, mosques and temples. For further information, see: http://www.formulism.org/news.html United Nations Contact Information Office of the Spokesman for the Secretary-General United Nations, S-378 New York, NY 10017 Press/media inquiries only Tel. 212-963-7162 Fax. 212-963-7055 All other inquiries to be addressed to (212) 963-4475 or [email protected]
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

This http://www.formulism.org/news.html is just a bunch of people who don't like religion trying to garner support for a 'draft UN resolution.

I could equally say "I have a draft UN resolution that makes me World Leader".All I'd have to do is type something into Word and there you have it. There must be a million nuts with 'draft UN resolutions' the UN knows nothing about. Don;t be suckered!

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

So there are people who are worse than the Witnesses when it comes to freedom of choice. Just what the world needs another bunch of nut cases.

• sens
    sens

It isnt just the borg that gets off on this UN 2 ban religion drama... I heard that fuknut benny hinn and some other tosser talk about it as well...

• elamona
    elamona

a lot of these resolutions are already being enforced in the good ole USA. so why so surprised that these people want to expand and take it international?

• simwitness
    simwitness

Abbadon,

Very much correct, but you can see the WTBS headlines (and mis quoting) should the UN even "consider" the resolution as attempted by these idiots...

How can you have "Freedom of choice" and a "ban on public display" in the same concept?

• Badger
    Badger

I'm sure the Middle Eastern and Latin American Countries would really go for this...It won't pass, but the WTS will scream about it to keep the apes in line.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Do a google search with the words "Freedom of Religion U.N." and you will find that the UN is very supportive of religious freedoms even actively defending them when threatened. The Freedom from Religion Foundation (orsome such title) people have a newspaper that regularly chronicles the abuses of religion and the present Administration's attempts to merge church and state. Their work is valuable. However any attempt to legislate the morals or beliefs of people is dangerous and unconstitutional. How much better to affect change thru education!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    It isnt just the borg that gets off on this UN 2 ban religion drama... I heard that fuknut benny hinn and some other tosser talk about it as well...

Yes, and it was probably somebody exactly like that who wrote the damn thing just so they could howl about it. They make up fake crap to get their followers all stirred up to keep them hooked.

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

Oh ya! the dubs cooked this story up! that is a good one!
    In spite of what the UN's "published" postion on religion is, they know and understand very well that a peaceful and secure world is a "religion free" world. Even the Pope said recently that the only hope for mankind was "The New World Order", which of course supports one world religion.
    The philosophy is bang on, http://www.formulism.org/index.html. Religion is a killer, religion has to go, Duh! Who knew?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit