Admins & Mods ... who are they?

by Tallon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

jgnat, Lady Lee, and ozzie (formerly)

• stillin
    stillin

We seem to self-govern fairly well, though. Hate speech is shamed, tolerance is appreciated.

Even though most of us got the heck out of JW-land, most of us realize that there are lots of good people still in and that, despite being heavily indoctrinated, they mean well.

I'm glad that there are mods to protect some people from their own brash statements sometimes, and to permanently remove the incorrigibles. We can't have the JW lurkers thinking that we're all "mentally diseased" now, can we?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

any other mods from the last few years?

• Tallon
    Tallon

Simon; aside from Scully, can you confirm who are the current moderators?

• Simon
    Simon

Me, Angharad & Scully.

I think the forum works well with fewer mods less over-active moderation (the type where mods seem to relish the chance to tell people off). As stillin said, the community does a pretty good job of setting the tone for what is and isn't acceptable and we mostly only have to get involved when people cross what should be very clear lines,

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the confirmation. The web forum is really well self-managed, with minimal intervention from admin & mods.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Small, but important for technical reasons, Simon kindly reminded me not to all-bold text and ALL-CAP SUBJECT TITLES. Likewise, when I needed help understanding other matters, I received a much appreciated. patient explanation.

We all need reminders and explanations.

Thanks, Simon, Angharad, and Scully!

• Simon
    Simon

As the sign in the men's washroom says:

"We aim to please, could you aim too ... please"

• steve2
    steve2

A well run site that has improved in its maturity over the years. πŸ‘πŸ‘

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yep it has been 14 years for me on this site. I don’t post as much as I used to do. Great site

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit