Never stood a chance

by galaxy7 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    "Where did Charles russel get 607 from?"

That's a loaded question, Rick, because Russell didn't believe in 607. He counted 2520 years back from 1914 and came to 606. The moron didn't realize that there is no year zero. When the big A didn't come in 1914, he redated it for 1915. Then, he decided that some pretty big stuff happened in 1914 and it just might be good enough, so he went back to 1914.

Many years later, the Society could no longer cover up the mathematical error, so they added the extra year, but pushed back the date of Jerusalem's destruction to 607 - heck, it's just made up, anyway.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I suggest tying him in a chair, stapling open his eyes open and reading him crisis of consciense in its entirety. If he still has any doubts afterword then you may need to take drastic measures.

• dustyb
    dustyb

just tell him that the study is going nowhere. and also tell him that if you can't find out the cure for cancer, you can't calculate jesus' scheduled return by reading the book of daniel (which is an iffy book anyways). tell him that and see what he has to say.

• avengers
    avengers

First off I wouldn't study with these people at all.
    But since you are I have a suggestion.

Ask any of them that if you knew someone that has committed fornication, are you
    obligated to report that person or persons to the elders?
    Tell them that they had been fornicating for years and had been keeping it
    quiet for years, yet they hold speeches at assemblies and prayers.
    Would you, if you know this, have to report him?

I bet their answer will be: "Yes you have to report this."

Then you can start about the relationship of the Watchtower and the United Nations.
    Wonder who will have the last word then?

Have fun.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit