Never stood a chance

by galaxy7 13 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Well my study is over,The C uircut servant and his wife were certainly good. every point I brought up was shot down in flames using the bible.I felt stupid not being able to defend what I really believe..

Oh well better luck next week

where do I find that 607 was not the real date?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    where do I find that 607 was not the real date?

Any source other than the Watchtower will tell you that, eg. encyclopaedias. They made up that date to fit their chronology, rather than the other way around.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi galaxy,

Curious, what points did they shoot?

Any Babylon history book from the library will show that 587 is the real date.

• acsot
    acsot

What points did you bring up?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, circuit overseers only stay a week, and then move on. So, next week, you'll be back w someone from the cong.

To have a co take the study w you must mean that you are a problem case for some reason. It could be that you aren't responding quickly enough in making 'christian' progress, you are argumentative, or something like that. The co no doubt gave his recommendations on your 'problem' and how to proceed with you to your regular conductor. Be happy.

You could pick a subject that interests you and research it, then you could get a lot more questions ready for them for the next time. If they object to more questions on the same subject, well, you just want to understand things more deeply, don't you?

SS

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Here is a comprehensive article on the subject, which I think is the best overall refutation of 607 that exists: http://www.disfellowshipped.org/607eng.htm

If you want a simple explanation that proves from the Society's own literature that 607 is wrong, then this is a good one: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

• undercover
    undercover

This might help: Stick with one subject. Learn that subject forwards and backwards. Don't take anyone's word for it, research it yourself. Just because the WTS says it's so doesn't mean it is. Just because some X-JWs say it isn't so doesn't mean it isn't. YOU have to convince yourself one way or the other which is correct or more believable. Once you've studied that one subject and know it completely then you can back up your arguments and beliefs despite what ever scriptures are read.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, i understand how it feels to be whipped by them. My sympathies to you. It takes a lot of research material and skillful questioning to get the upper hand. You can only get better.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Another tip... never let anyone use the bible, Koran, or any other "holy" book to "prove" anything. Anyone can use these books to "prove" anything by twisting things around the way they want.

Stick to empirical facts and evidence.

As was said earlier... stick to one subject and don't let them change it. This is how you know someone is getting nervous; they will try to go off on another subject without fully exploring the current subject.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Why not put the ball in his park and ask him, "Where did Charles russel get 607 from?" and keep in mind that we don't want the WTS just trying to disprove 587 as they seem to just do with the "Kingdon come " Book. But insist on wanting to know where did Charles russel get it from way back in 1900's.

ANd what did the CO say to you. you said that he shoot you down, but how? and if you would've convinced him, he'll just DF you anyway.

regards rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit