Kids and meetings

by Stefanie 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    The elder was single, and a hard nosed JW and didn't want to be disrupted during the book study.

I 've known a few like this indiviudal. When they get married and have their own kids , they expect all the consideration in the world for their own.

wannaexit

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I read in our local paper about the churches in town having all these youth programs. I thought how nice it would have been to have these. They even raise money to take the older youths overseas to help with building projects for less fortunate people in underdeveloped countries. What a great way to teach the youth! To help people and not just think of themselves. Sometimes I think the JW's don't really care about the children until they're old enough to be baptized and then send them out in the preaching work to find more poor unsuspecting souls. Have you noticed how they start to notice what they do when they get to a certain age? Yep..time to get them polished to spread the word.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

All this talk about money and programs for the kids would be nice, but there is never enough money for them for anything. At all the assemblies they would do the money report and somehow there was always a short of funds.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I remember spending a lot of time in the back room, where kids could crawl around and walk around (little kids). My husband was an elder, so I pretty much did what I wanted with them...........anything to keep them quiet, including books, crayons, and paper and pencils. No pens.

The babies got fed a lot, raisins, cheerios, bottles. I always hoped they would sleep, and took them to the meetings in their pajamas when they were little, so when we got home, they went right to bed, without risking waking them to undress and redress them. I got flack for that too, but I told them to talk to Dave because he told me to do it.

There was a time or two (maybe more) that I just left and took them home. Too much misery for me and the child was not good for any of us.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    How did you all keep your babies still and quiet during meetings?

With color crayons (so as not to mess the furniture), coloring books and bright picture books (and the Bible Story book among them). When they got too bored, we'd take them to the back and let them move about or carry them, quietly chatting to them. If people didn't like it, too bad. If they were too tired, we'd go home or not go at all.

• Special K
    Special K

the expectations put on little kids in the J.w. religion is ridiculous....

When I had my babies and was counselled a couple times about keeping them quiet.....I couldn't take it.

This going to a meeting and sitting in a jammed bathroom for hours was ridiculous...

You were meant to feel like a bad parent who had no control over your children... Stupid!

The best thing I ever did for my babies was leave this cult when they were babies...and get them out of this controlling atmosphere.

sincerely

Special K

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    What was taking place, however, was that an organization was developing within the organization of Jehovah?s servants. This would not contribute to unity, and it was discontinued in 1936.

Right, unity. We can't have people doing something just slightly different from the rest of the drone army now can we?

• fader
    fader

personally, as a kid, I got spanked at probably every single meeting. Dad would take me out and just whack me good. Really made me love god and the troof. I hated Wednesday's because I'd get home at 10:00 p.m. and would be dead tired. I also hated the bookstudy, which was held at our home, because it was during Alf. My parents, though, were very kind. They'd tape it for us, and after the bookstudy, we'd make popcorn and the whole bookstudy group would sit around and watch TV and eat popcorn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit