Lands End - John O'Groats In His Birthday Suit

by Celtic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Seven006 look through your fingers if you feel darling so inclined, though seriously mate, you can't get upset with this one, if it's good enough for this guy to appear on The Richard & Judy show at teatime dressed only in his birthday suit, it has to get through your censoring gaze.

The Celt grins.

There was this guy making the news in the UK recently. Today he featured on the Richard & Judy show, teatime viewing time. (Not even the 1800hrs or 2100hrs thresholds)

He set off from Lands End in Cornwall to walk the 867 miles to John O'Groats stark naked. It was planned that the walk should take place over four weeks.

Instead, it took him seven months, five months of which were spent in jail after getting himself arrested fifteen times. But he made it.

When the cameras were rolling on his gaitly progress, many drivers would toot their horns at him merrily waving from their windows and giving him the general thumbs up, of course, one or two were much more disparaging.

His point was, why be ashamed of our nakedness?

What do you think, (if anything)?

Celty

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Celtic,

His point was, why be ashamed of our nakedness? What do you think, (if anything)?

Well, what I think if anything, is that nakedness is nothing to be ashamed of in the shower, on an operating table, when engaging is sexual intercourse ( although of course that is an option ) on in other such circumstances. In other situations, say for example if you decide to pick up the kids from school, or if you attend an important job interview it might raise an eyebrow or two.

There is of course a big difference between discussing, especially on an international on-line discussion board such as this one, the subject of human nudity and the ( purported ) size of your erect phallus, which I presume is the reason for your involving Seven006 in your comments above. I understand that it was he who deftly clipped your noodle yesterday evening.

Did you know that it was the Celt's who invented trousers? Why steal their thunder?

Best regards - HS

• Xena
    Xena

I hate posting after HS..he's so darn pithy, isn't he? I feel so drab and dull in comparison *sigh*

Interesting post Celtic. I especially like the jab at seven, he hasn't been around much and I do so miss yanking his chain every now and then. You have to be careful how you do it though, guys his age kick over pretty quick if you lay to much stress on them, ya know?

Carry on.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Xena,

I hate posting after HS..he's so darn pithy, isn't he?

You just made me remember my decades of rapping door-fronts when many a person would open the door and shout at the top of their voices, "Why don't you shut yer faith and pith off'.

I wish I had listened.

HS

• seven006
    seven006

Mark,

If I had an extra woman laying around I'd send you one, I think you need one pretty bad. I have never gotten upset with you, even back when we volleyed and I was a mod on Tishie's old board. You crack me up, always have, always will.

Xena,
    Guys my age kick off pretty quick because we have had to many women like you (but much younger) and because of that, we want to.

Take care,

Dave

• Xena
    Xena

HS,

Sorry about triggering the repressed JW memory

Dave,

Like you ever had a woman like me, well maybe in your dreams (or would that be nighmares??)

Nice to see you come out of your cave for more than a random deletion

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm sure I met this guy at Glastonbury Festival, walking around naked handing out leaflets...

Funny, but not as funny as the Christian with the 18' high cross he carried... well, as it has a wheel at one end I should say rolled around the Festival whilst giving out lealets.

I felt it indicated he was missing the point; a cross with a wheel to aid movement is a bit like a feeding the 5,000 with taek-away pizza.

He didn't get it. Next time I see him I'll either kick the wheel off so he has to drag it everywhere, or go looking for some nails... there's a little gap in the sacred circle where it would fit in...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The naked body is nothing to be ashamed of. We have it programmed in by years of puritanical upbringing, centuries in fact. As much as I admire people like this I don't see myself going around naked anytime soon.

Gretchen

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Naked bodies are fine as long as they're not mine.

Nina

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jehovah made us naked didn't he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit