Demons

by finnrot 20 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hey Terry.....I also have OCD (obsessive cumpulsive disorder). It is sort of mild now. It doesn't completly control me, but I used to do a lot of counting and I was totally obsessed with making sure that when I touched something with my right hand, that I made sure to reach back and last touch it with my left hand(I'm left handed). I know logically that this is stupid behaviour, but I always felt that something bad would happen to me if I didn't last touch something with my left hand.

I'm I know this behaviour is stupid, but I have been this way since childhood. I remember when I would walk home from school, I would walk home with my head down, because I had to make sure I wouldn't step on a crack in the sidewalk. Not just any crack, it was the natural craks that were made when they laid the little squares when the sidewalk was poured.

I know now that it was just my brain trying to take my attention off the horrible things that were occupying my mind as I was growing up. Even now as I know OCD is a mental disorder, I still have a hard time walking away from something after touching it with my right hand without reaching back and touching it with my left hand. I know nothing bad will happen to me if I don't, but I still have this desire pulling me back to it. Crazy but true. Damn, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit