Can "Disassociated" ex-jw's be "reinstated" back as jw's?

by jads 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In a single word YES

• Sassy
    Sassy
    . It is so frustrating to try to explain to people especially family members why you've left or haven't tried to go back. Sorry for getting defensive.

I understand Joysome. Sometimes maybe they can't handle the truth. It hurts them to think we 'gave it up' because we didn't want it.. I let them think what they may. It doesn't change my choices in life... Don't lose hope.. just enjoy your life.. I know I am.. for maybe the first time

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I remember a Brother (and an Elder) that DA himself and came back. He stated that he was "stumbled" at some wrongdoing by fellow elders in the congregation he served. As a result, he DA. Now, this was a good explanation to come back, since Jesus still refers to the stumbled as his "sheep." After four months, he was reinstated with all the restrictions.....

Funny, but when he was reinstated, he would place himself at the front door of the KH and shake everyone?s hand as they walked in. Every meeting, every time. He was happy to be back....

• RonClawson
    RonClawson

I hope he does it. You can get reinstated, get to knowing everybody then mail them informative letters including how the Governing Body has brought and keeps God's name into disrepute by sending "repentant" child molestors door-to-door!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Simply, the answer is yes, they can and often are.

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Ok, I am living through this with my reinstating JW husband, so I must post. What Jgnat has said is EXACTLY what is going on here with my husband, who DA'd himself for 10yrs. I just asked him if my NOT being a JW (and will never never ever be either) and being an "opposer" would have any bearing on his being reinstated. He says no, but let me tell you how long it's been...OVER A YEAR since he started this process!!! He has been grilled for 3 hours one time, and feigned ignorance when I just asked about requesting a "Reinstatement Hearing". Hmmm...

Yes, they do, and they are treated like sh*t, I have witnessed it myself in some of his meetings. That is one of the main reasons why I will not EVER set foot in another KH!!!

mobbie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I can just imangine the response I would get, if I made a request for reinstatement ROFL

xjw_b12 Apostate King of NWO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit