In Other Words..............dead

by simplesally 53 Replies latest jw friends

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

DantheMan-I knew you made that one up!

FlyingHigh- OK, I give - 'gnaw the crank'? Nevah hoid of it!

I don't think anyone said: 'breathed their last'

'passed away'

'went beyond the great divide'

'gave up the ghost'

'Caspered'

'Perma-snooze'

'laid-out' or 'slabbed-out'

'flat-lined'

I've heard this when a car dies - 'It went to the big car lot[or junkyard] in the sky' - which has to be the dumbest thing I've evah hoid!

When a dishonest person[.. salesman, lawyer, politician...] dies, they say,"That guy was so crooked they had to screw him into the ground!" Or when something bad happens after a 'dear one has departed' - "They must be rolling over in their grave right now!" eeeEEEWWWwww

I prefer 'asleep in death' - like 'dirt nap', it sounds peaceful.......but when I wake up, I wouldn't mind takin' a stroll 'over yonder', after I remind Willie that there aren't any more 'blue eyes cryin' in the rain'.... peacebaby

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

in oblivion

existentially challenged

totaled

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHigh- OK, I give - 'gnaw the crank'? Nevah hoid of it

Once my ex husband brought the broken crankshaft from his truck into our living room. (Notice, he is an ex now ). Without a crankshaft an engine won't turn. This is when I figured out what "gnawed the crank" meant. Until then I just thought it was just funny sounding. That one always gets a laugh, unintentionally, when I say it. I have a southern accent so I guess it adds to the humorous sound of the phrase. If you use it, be sure to add a little twang to your accent.

Heather

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Pushin up daisy's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit