Here is your typical Kingdom Hall of Jehovah'w Witnesses attendance!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Kingdom Hall South Dakota Live Stream.....I found this video on Youtube.com. It reminds me of my old Kingdom Hall where hardly anyone is sitting in the front rows and doesn't seem like they have a large membership.Most Kingdom Halls sit around 200 people at the most and seem to have a hard time filling the seats.

My old congregation had around 45 members when I left 4 years ago.We always seemed to have a hard time meeting the monthly expenses.Some months,I was told that some Elders would contribute extra money so the congregation would not be in the negative for the month.

How many members did your congregation have while you were still attending and did meet its expenses for the month?

• sir82
    sir82

Attendance during the week is listed as anywhere from 80 - 110, usually toward the lower end of that spectrum.

Of that amount, probably 20-25 are listening on the phone, so maybe 60-70 actually present in the building.

Sundays are a little better, although there typically are a dozen or more visitors (people making up a missed meeting, or out of town weekend visitors, etc.) so the count of actual congregation members actually there is pretty consistent.

And yes, the front rows are invariably empty. 3, 4, 5, maybe even 6 rows empty or nearly empty.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    sir82 said:
    Of that amount, probably 20-25 are listening on the phone

Do you have that many elderly and invalid? Why the high numbers of members listening on the phone?

• Londo111
    Londo111

This is why they are consolidating congregations and selling excess buildings.

• sir82
    sir82

Do you have that many elderly and invalid? Why the high numbers of members listening on the phone?

A mix - old folks, sick folks, single moms who are tired of trying to get 2, 3, 4 kids fed, dressed, and ready in the 30-60 minute window between end of working day and start of meeting. Plus several just prefer not to go to the KH.

• a watcher
    a watcher

We have 90-something publishers. We usually meet our monthly expenses. We have between 4 to 5 thousand in our bank account. We are a stable congregation.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

We are BORG!

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

The congregation I attend has something like 120-30 publishers I think, though it is the only congregation in the county, an hours drive to the next nearest.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! That made it onto youtube?

That congregation has an APOSTATE in its midst!

haha...its laughable really. The stream is supposed to remain confidential, and is only for "approved" ones to access.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

It's an overlapping congregation.

It takes a spiritual mind to understand the deep things of god. Evidently the congregation is full to the brim and overflowing. If you take the attendance figures from each meeting for last month and then overlap the numbers with the meeting attendance figures for the previous month you will find the hall is actually full.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit