Bohemian Rhapsody

by cofty 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have also been a life long fan of Queen. My JW parents were not happy with me listening to this obviously gay singer and then there was this Watchtower stating that "Another One Bites the Dust" is backwards "It is fun to smoke marijuana".

However, I liked the movie which got me somehow emotional. I recommend to watch it in a modern cincema. The sound is fantastic and so are the scenes of the Life Aid gig.

But I would have expected that it also touches the later years of the band.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I loved the film Bohemian Rhapsody! I remember the song so well in the seventies with that video. Yes he was definitely bi not gay, he deeply loved Mary but lived with a man until his death. Amazing actor and wasn't the Brian May lookalike so good.

Bob Geldof actor was excellent, he had the Geldof walk to perfection. I'm glad they ended on Live Aid with some of the real footage rather than focus on Freddy dying. Loved it, love the music of Queen.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Saw Queen on their Radio Gaga tour many many years ago. Freddy is sorely missed.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    then there was this Watchtower stating that "Another One Bites the Dust" is backwards "It is fun to smoke marijuana"

Seriously? Glad I was already out by then, how they come up with such nonsense and their followers blindly follow I"ll never understand.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"There have also been recordings of unscriptural and even demonistic messages by means of a technique called backward masking, used by a number of musical groups. When the recording of one very popular song is played backward, it repeatedly says, “Decide to smoke marijuana.” (w83 10/15 pp. 10-15)

"In the early 1980s, "Another One Bites the Dust" was one of many popular rock songs that Christian evangelists alleged contained subliminal messages through a technique called backmasking. It was claimed that the chorus, when played in reverse, can be heard as "Decide to smoke marijuana", "It's fun to smoke marijuana", or "Start to smoke marijuana".A spokeswoman for Hollywood Records (Queen's current US label) has denied that the song contains such a message. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_One_Bites_the_Dust)

• blondie
    blondie

We went tonight and enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm going to buy 2 more Queen CDs with songs I don't have yet.

• Londo111
    Londo111

There was a CO (who professed to be of the "anointed" so everyone was in awe of him).

At a circuit assembly, he played Another One Bites The Dust backwards. I didn't hear anything. Of course, there was nothing to hear, no secret message, unless you were looking for one.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

recordings of unscriptural and even demonistic messages by means of a technique called backward masking

German ...

I once tried playing some of the kingdom songs backwards and kept hearing phrases such as "donate more" and "give more."

Rub a Dub

• sir82
    sir82

this Watchtower stating that "Another One Bites the Dust" is backwards "It is fun to smoke marijuana".

Was that actually in print? I don't remember seeing it.

I definitely do remember a circuit assembly in which the CO discussed this.

I remember him playing a snippet of the song:

"Another one bites the dust....hey hey....another one bites the dust."

"OK,", he then said. "Let's play that backward."

"Drgurgle splifflbug magugugagug"

"See?" the CO says. "They clearly say 'Decide to smoke marijuana'. Such debasing music!"

And silly teenaged me, thought "well, if you say so."

• cofty
    cofty

Sir82 - Priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit