Watchtower/Bethelite Volunteers and US Self Employment or FICA Tax?

by EnlightenedEphesian 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fulano
    fulano

Sparky, that must have been your PEA.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I was around pre 1975 when rumors were running wild about the end... so much so that people in this area quit their jobs, sold property and furniture, got ready for it all to end, leaving behind government secure employment in post office and coast guard & sold their businesses -- people had been brainwashed for at least three years prior to 75 and many, many folks did not have savings, investments, etc.

Post 1975 - that was it!! We both obtained full time jobs with medical, pension, able to invest in pension plans, etc. to at least secure as much as we could.. and today without that we would be on assistance.... yet the society still maintains its the end soon... we can only look at what is happening in the world around us, terrible news -- but who knows when, I don't anymore....Bethelites - congregations are so into believing the motor mouths in the broadcasting videos they do not have some sort of monies socked away.... up to their ears in debt, but hey!! they won't have to pay it back I guess if something happens in their lifetime...maybe that is their outlooks..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHLOVER123:

I am glad that the 1975 fiasco compelled you to go out and get secure employment. Good for you. People in the JW religion have selective memory loss and pretend it never happened. Don't these people ever learn?

I came in after 1975 and no mention was made of it...Not a whisper. Yet, people still tried to get me to quit my full-time job. Thankfully, I ignored their stupid talk.

It must be a sad state of affairs in the congregations today with all the needy who never planned for their future - not to mention these fired bethelites! The appeals for money must be constant.

Glad I'm not there because I could not stand to be around this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit