Please give me a question

by galaxy7 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

heh, just ask them, "how in your right mind can you believe that you can calculate the return of jesus through daniel 4?"

http://members.aol.com/gparrishjr/d4.html

i found that link interesting, but i don't know how true it is because i only browsed over it. but, the big point is that if we could actually calculate the return of jesus thru an equation, then we should be able to gain answer any other technological question for anything else in the world........

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Thanks everyone,what good questions.Bolondie I never thought about the bread and wine before

So little time,but im going to ask them all .Should be an intersting bible study

• acsot
    acsot

Don't let them get away with "logically we can see that ..." Ask them to prove every single point they make. After all, that's what they say they can do.

For instance, if they try and prove that 1 day equals 1 year (they'll use Numbers for that one), make sure they show you the link between Numbers and Daniel and Revelation, i.e. why are they using a Mosaic law covenant rule to interpret Daniel's prophecy and how can they use it for Revelation when Jesus did away with the Law? If mathematical gymnastics were necessary Jesus would have reiterated it for his followers. He didn't, so JWs can't.

Beware of catch phrases "it is clear that ... " "it is safe to assume that ..." etc. Don't them skip all over the place, keep them to one subject until they prove it with the Bible and the Bible only.

That is, of course, if you get that far. They may get frustrated at your un-sheep-like behaviour (as in, sheep are dumb and just follow whoever gives them something to eat) and give up on you as not being sincerely motivated. At any rate, have fun!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ask the CO if he's ever worn panties. Better yet, ask him if it's okay for men to wear panties. If he says "No", ask him to show you a scripture that says it's wrong to wear panties.

You might also want to ask him why women seem to be exempt from the unwritten beard rule.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

galaxy7 They will have 1 question for you as well!

"Have you been visiting Apostate Internet Sites? "

• dustyb
    dustyb

oh, and they'll start getting mad that you don't accept that god has had a government in place all throughout time. its quite funny actually because moses didnt' have a government, he just had law to convey then he was done. israelites lived in peace for 350 years ( i tink it was the israelites ) without any direction from anybody. i have a report somewhere that i need to post, because its acutally kinda helpful.

• simwitness
    simwitness

you'll have to ask them to prove that the Internet is explicitly forbidden in scripture, and have them prove what an "apostate" is...

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

"If the F&DS was selected in 1914 because the information they provided was 'faithful & true' [Rev's two witnesses], can I have a copy of the book, "The Finished Mystery" [printed 1917] to see all of the wonderful things that they were preaching back then when Jesus selected them over all other groups?"

That book has some of the craziest things the WTS has ever written contained in it.

LOL @ xjw-b12

• Valis
    Valis

Ask them simple ones.

Why do you have to be a JW to survive Armageddon?

Why don't JWs do real humanitarian work?

Why did JWs stop using dates in their bible prophecy/interpretation?

What happens to the foundation of the whole belief system when they scrapped those ideas?

Simple questions you can keep them from weaseling out of. IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Satanus
    Satanus

What if they start answering your questions w other questions? I would say that there are several choices: play dumb and say you don't know, lie, be honest and tell them everything, answer evasively, answer their questionanswer w another question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit