Please give me a question

by galaxy7 32 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Well my weekly bible study is coming up this week and I am being blessed with the cuircut servant and his wife.I was told last week to save all my questions for them,(beacause of my difficulty with believing in 1914)

Does anyone have a question that they would like me to ask.

• Gopher
    Gopher

"I heard that JW's teach that Jesus is the mediator ONLY for the anointed Christians. If that is the case, why do we pray 'in the name of Jesus'? Who is OUR mediator if we're not anointed?"

The only honest answer would be: "The organization" is the mediator. But it might be interesting to see them tap dance in trying to answer the question.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Why did the WTBTS change their "mission statement" in the 1995 Awake magazine to exclude the phrase, "god's promise of a peaceful and secure new earth before the generation that saw 1914 passes away" or something to that effect.

Still haven't got a straight answer on that one LOL

• Celia
    Celia

I have a question, but it's probably not the one you want to ask your visitors.

1914 is the year Jesus came back "invisibly" and chose the Bible Students as God's only true followers. Where does it say in the Bible that Jesus would come back invisibly in 1914 (what the heck coming back invisibly means?) and who "saw" him, or who decided that Jesus had come back ?

Anyway, almost everything the Bible Students believed in at the time is seen as old light and even apostasy by the current Jehovah's Witnesses. How could they have been chosen by Jesus if the Bible Students of 1914 were all in the dark? So, what the Bible Students believed was good enough for Jesus, but not for the current JWs ?

• blondie
    blondie

Paul said, "....for as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord until he arrives." If Christ arrived in 1914:

Why do the Jehovah's Witnesses continue to partake of the bread and the wine?
    Should they not have stopped in 1914?
  • Celia
    Celia

Well, the Circuit Servant and his wife, what an honor

They're going to drown your doubts and questions in quotes from their New World Translation. And it's hard to argue with them when you don't know the Bible texts very well....

I am not saying that you don't, but I certainly don't. And I am not saying that they know their Bible, but they have rehearsed how to answer these kinds of questions so many times, they usually "win".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Get them to the parable of the prodigal son -- and just ask is this waht happens when somebody does things wrong in the congregation

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi Galaxy,

I'd photocopy a page which gives the true date for the destruction of Jerusalem from an encyclopedia or history book, and then ask him to prove from a secular source the 607 date.

CF.

• DevonMcBride
  • simwitness
    simwitness

There are so many questions you can ask them... but you have to be prepared with your reply for thier answer...they do seem to have an answer for everything...

As for 1914, ask them:

1. how they arrived at that date for Christ's return.

2. Was it the original date for Christ's return?

3. Has the teaching(s) regaurding what would happen upon Christ's return ever changed?

4. If the WTBS is led by "Holy Spirit", why do certain teachings need updating? (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, the return of the saints in 1925, etc...)

5. Would the Studies In Scriptures be a good set of books to own/study? After all, this is what the Organization believed/preached up until 1916.

6. has the Organization ever updated text in existing publications in order to hide/change an existing teaching?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit