Question about Judical committees

by scrubmaster 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

If a committed has been formed for an allegation of serious sin and the person does not agree with the charge is there anything the person can do to let the elders now they do not agree with the charge and if the person is not happy with the three elders choosen for the committee is there anything that can be done before the first meeting.

Also a side point, this same person presented evidence of their scriptural freedom just like the society's said is required, the elders had to deliberate over this information even though it was present just as the society stated, my friend went ahead and got married and now all of a sudden the previous information was put on the back burner and my wife and friend now face a judical committee for adultery. Is this the way elders all ways handle cases, they throw out any information which made be in the person's favor and go right for what can be found written in black and white so they do not have to think?

Please provide me with some insight so I can help my friend.

Thanks

Scrubmaster

• dustyb
    dustyb

well, you guys are in their hands unless you stand up and tell them that they can't do anything that will hurt you. plan on being tortured by them anyways, because thats what a lot of them are good at.....

• blondie
    blondie

Even if there is scriptural proof of adultery, the judicial committee has to rule on it first (as well as any other congregation elder body involved).

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Why is the rule neccesarry if it is presented just like the society wants it to be presented? So they can continue to control people life. Any other time such as in a Judical case, they do exactly what the society says, in this case they have to examine the evidence even further, this is totally crazy. My friends ex-wife is in another state and therefore what would there before them to look at, since this person has not attended the meeting in years and they will not be able to reach the person, they should be able to just accept the information given to them by my friend.

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    Even if there is scriptural proof of adultery, the judicial committee has to rule on it first (as well as any other congregation elder body involved).

They had delbrated on it for about 2 weeks and still had not come to an answer, but when it came time to form a committee for the alleged adultery -- it did not take any time to form the committee for this matter. Because this is something where they do not have to think it is written in the flock book in black and white.

• garybuss
    garybuss

With the Witnesses, you can either be the dog or the fire hydrant. I can tell you which I picked.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Why would your wife and friend be in a committee for adultery??

And no, you cannot request a different committee....... they would see that as handpicking your committee, hence assuring yourselves vindicated.

• blondie
    blondie

Elder bodies make their own rules and they have pissing matches with each other as well when it comes to judicial matters involving 2 congregations. Don't try and make sense of it scrubmaster, just try to play by the rules of the JC in your area and hope they will work it out with the other one. Rules are made to be broken by elder bodies.

A pedophile was reinstated in only 6 months by one congregation. Another congregation (where the victim attended) complained to the CO who said there was nothing he could do but send a letter to the first body of elders saying he was not happy with their decision but the reinstatement would stand.

Play the game scrubmaster. It seems it is important to you to keep a "good standing" in the congregation. Just do what some have done, get married, get DF'd and get reinstated in 1 year.

Sorry for the hassle you are getting.

Blondie

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Remember this is a friend we are talking about not me -- just to make it official I already told the elder I am sure the decision has already be made......

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    Why would your wife and friend be in a committee for adultery??

Because they did not wait for the word from the elders that the information presented was good enough for my friend to be scripturally free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit