Modern replacement for make sure of all things book

by Jehovahisgod 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jehovahisgod
    Jehovahisgod

The reason that we need to call God by his name or a reasonable facsimile of it to the best of our knowledge is quite simple in the Bible there was a contest between the prophets of Baal and the god that we call Jehovah or Yahweh.

Before I move on I'm going to let it be known to you that the word Lord is the exact same word as Baal! Now in the contest Elijah built the two altars and everybody remembers that the prophets of Baal lost! Can you remember Elijah's words so that the nations may know that you whose name alone is Jehovah or if you don't believe in the word Jehovah you use Yahweh or yhwh to specify the one true God and not a generic Baal God or Lord! That's what that whole contest was about shall we call the Creator generic Lord or God or Baal? Or shall we worship the god called Yahweh or Jehovah?

I will be the first one to admit as a Bible student and believer in the Bible that the word Jehovah cannot possibly be a true Hebrew pronunciation of God's name because of the different vowels!

That's no fracking excuse to remove the name yhwh from the Bible 6900 times!

If you don't believe that Jehovah is the correct pronunciation or the correct spelling that's fine! But if you have any respect for the Lord Jesus Christ and for the god yhwh you do not remove his name from the Bible he didn't have it put their 6900 times for somebody to come along and take it out the Bible specifically says in the closing chapter of Revelation if you remove anything from this book I will remove from you your portion from the Tree of Life!

Friend removing the name of God or the four letters that we know to be correct from the Bible is 6900 separate offenses!

When you pray you can say our father in Heaven Jesus Christ left you that example you can follow that! But let's be frank and honest here the reason that people remove the name Jehovah from the Bible is because it reminds them too much of Jehovah's Witnesses! If there was no religion on this Earth call Jehovah's Witnesses nobody would have an issue with the word Jehovah!

It would be in the Bible all 6900 times with nobody making any questions about it! So let me ask you something if you do not believe that God's name should be called Jehovah do you at least agree that you should use the tetragramaton yhwh when you are speaking about the one true God? Or do you believe that it's okay to call God Baal? Which means the Lord!

Don't you think that the Bible has already addressed this enough? I do! Jesus said you need to be no part of this world you need to be set apart! If you don't put the name of God ahead of you like a banner like a flag you're no different than the rest of the world! That's why the Bible has in the Old Testament Jehovah is my banner!

That's what sets you apart from the rest of the world when you give God the proper respect the proper obedience that he deserves as almighty God!

Jesus Christ specifically said I have come to make the name of my father known and I will make it known! There are people that claim that Jesus Christ never used the tetragramaton or God's name and to that I have to say pure nonsense! Jesus wouldn't have made that statement that I'm going to make my father's name known and I will make it known and then never use the name!

Furthermore do you know that the very name Jesus translates to Jehovah is my salvation! Or again if you don't believe in using the Jehovah word Yahweh is my salvation there's no difference there y'all way is no more accurate than the word Jehovah because we don't know the vowels. So what we have basically here is some turkey arguing the difference between Richard Ricardo or enricho!

The same intent is there we're talkin about the true God here whether you pronounce it as Yahweh Jehovah or jah we're still talking about the one true God .here! And I'm going to be quite honest if the name of God offends you you're not a Christian! The name of God did not offend Jesus Christ Jesus Christ again said I have come to make my father's name known!

And the name contained within Jesus Christ so name is Jehovah is my salvation or again if you don't believe in the Jehovah word Yahweh is my salvation.

This is one area of my life that I absolutely refuse to compromise I'm set apart from the rest of the world because I obey Jesus Christ and I put the name of God above all things! That's why I am and that's the way it's going to stay that's why I am and that's the way it's going to stay!

If you don't agree with it that's between you and God! I'm truly not interested in changing to conform with some man's idea. So I'll leave it at that and I'm going to wish you all a nice day. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them and I'll give you the best most honest answer that I can possibly give you in the nicest way that I can possibly give it to you! May Jehovah God bless you have a nice day

• carla
    carla

I'm probably feeding a troll but what the heck, I have a few moments.

A personal question first; you said, "...That's no fracking excuse...." If you are a jw that is really not kosher according to my jw. Using a facsimile of f&cking is the same as saying the swear word and not something who is going around pronouncing the kingdom of jah would ever do, giving jah's org a bad name and all that.

You seem to have some obsession with the number 6900, I have no clue where you get that from. I do know that the jw's have changed the Bible and ADDED the word jehovah some 237 times to the New Testament. I believe you attempted to quote Rev 22:18?

New International Version
    I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

What were you saying about ADDING or removing things?

No, I do not think calling my heavenly Father by His name would ever be appropriate. (aside from the fact that jehovah is certainly not it anyway) I would never call my earthly father by name either as he would have considered it highly disrespectful. I can't imagine coming to the dinner table and saying to my dad, "Hey Bob, how's it going? how was your day? can I borrow the car tonight?"

I think this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet! -

"But let's be frank and honest here the reason that people remove the name Jehovah from the Bible is because it reminds them too much of Jehovah's Witnesses! If there was no religion on this Earth call Jehovah's Witnesses nobody would have an issue with the word Jehovah!"

Oh my, you certainly think quite a bit about your group don't you? Do you know most people know next to nothing about jw's? nor do they care.

What is being uncovered today is that they are indeed a pedophile paradise, have prophesied the end of the world numerous times, have ever changing doctrine, will willingly kill their children upon the altar of the wt with their ungodly no blood policy, they are misogynists, and the list goes on......... In short they are an insidious cult often mentioned in the same sentence with Scientology, David Koresh, the Moonies and others of their ilk.

"I'm truly not interested in changing to conform with some man's idea."- If that were true you would be open to research about the so called religion you are so quick to defend. You should check out jwfacts.com

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5v2le62js

287 Jehovah,s in less than 3 minutes...

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    If there was no religion on this Earth call Jehovah's Witnesses nobody would have an issue with the word Jehovah!

Not exactly. What about all the genocide, natural disasters and horrible genetic defects he inflicts on us?

Seems like I don’t like Jehovah regardless of the JWs.

• Jehovahisgod
    Jehovahisgod

Friend I have taken a look at enough answers here to know that this is a website that opposes the name of Jehovah I do thank you all for your time.

But a website which opposes the name of Jehovah opposes the name of Jesus Christ also and it's not for me again thank you all for your time and for telling me what book had the information in it that I needed.

• Jehovahisgod
    Jehovahisgod

My thread is now completed and I consider it closed. If you continue to post on it it is between you and whoever else that writes on this thread I'm only interested in groups and sites that honor the name of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ I am not a Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witness Nor a member of the Watchtower bible and tract Society.

But I know that Jehovah God is the one true God and that Jesus Christ is our Lord and savior. And I do not compromise my values when it comes to the name of Jehovah or Jesus Christ.

• jookbeard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit