New Store called Best Life Gifts

by Franklin30 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

There is a civil suit. Criminal cases are harder to prove without a reasonable doubt. You only need a preponderance of evidence in a civil case. That means that the evidence weighs in favor of the plaintiff. In a criminal suit, you cannot have any REASONABLE doubt and convict of a crime. It is a very high bar which is why many cases never go to trial or the accused pleas down with reduced charges.

• Corney
    Corney

After 4 years of litigation, the defendants have been ordered to pay $980,000 in damages, plus costs.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i see the business was started in 2002.

However--i can recall dubs buying book covers and all sorts of leather items for use "in the ministry " back in the early 60s.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I also recall all kinds of ministry-related products you could buy. They would even take WT literature (which you had to send to them) and rebind them in leather, emboss your name on it, etc. Harmless enough, I guess, but I always thought it in poor taste to presume on the brotherhood to make money.
  • hoser
    hoser

I wonder if Thomas Matos and Nanci Matos will face a judicial hearing as they were basically convicted in civil court of fraud?

Or will they cry persecution because they were sued by an ex jw?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit