George W. quotes

by smurfette 19 Replies latest jw friends

• smurfette
    smurfette

What is your favorite George W. Bush quote?

My personal favorite is, "Do you have blacks, too?" (George W. Bush to the President of Brazil)

The quote is from the book Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents by Cormac O'Brien.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i don't remember the exact quote...but it went something like "duh duh duh, and welshhhhhhhhhh, and i'm going to cut taxessssss and duh duh duh" =P

• smurfette
    smurfette

Lol, dustyb.

Here's another quote from the same book, "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."

• seedy3
    seedy3

From an Arabic newspaper interview: "God told me to attact Sadam"

Seedy

• dh
    dh

'either you're with us or you're with the terrorists'

see ya! what a dickhead!

• dustyb
    dustyb

ok, i'm bored, so i'm posting an assload of bush's stupid quotes.

One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a?a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."?Denver, CO. Aug. 14, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."--After meeting with the leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001 ( I thought Africa was a continent)

"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."--Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001 (no shiz, i thought that when trade goes down, profit goes up!)

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."?Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 ( and the crunch was caused because a squirrel fell into a nuclear powerplant??)

"It's going to be very important for the Iraqi authorities to reach out to those people and talk about a system that guarantees minority rights, and a system which says that for some the future is bright." ( so where's the white man's influence??)

I wanna remind you all that I -- in, in order -- what -- in order to fight and win the war it requires a expenditure of money -- uhh, uhh -- that is commiserate with keeping a promise to our troops to make sure that they're well paid, well trained, well equipped (hehehe, even I passed my english class in high school with a B)

The benefits of helping somebody is beneficial. (na, its gonna hurt the person)

We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans. (texas is a country?)

Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better.

And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.

When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend. (i'm always going to get other people to pay for me you know...)

I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.

You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test. (na, i thought literacy described people that could stare and drool)

I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.(i'm confused)

Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease. (again, When did Africa demote itself from continent to Nation?)

I understand small business growth. I was one. (you sure do show it!)

We don't believe that freedom is America's gift to the world. We believe freedom is the God Almighty's gift to each and every person in the world. (Finally!! someone else besides the WT that speaks in the Almighty's name!!)

And we base it, our history, and our decision making, our future, on solid values. The first value is, we're all God's children. ( I think Allah is going to be upset, he got left out)

One of the great things about this country is a lot of people pray. ( i guess we're the only country that prays)

We believe in freedom. We believe freedom is universal. We believe freedom is -- is a gift from the Almighty God for every person, regardless of their race or their religion. ( tell that to the Shiek of Saudia Arabia)

Well, first of all, you got to understand some of my view on freedom, it's not American's gift to the world. See, freedom is God -- is God given. (too bad that Christianity isn't the US's Official religion)

And the Final Quote --
    In 1994, there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated "exemplorary" according to our own tests. ( hey, this actually sounds like a dubby!!)

Preach it Reverend Bush, give up being President and become a Preacher brotha!!!

• smurfette
    smurfette

Nice quote dh!

Seedy3- I love when Bush claims to be divinely inspired by God.

dustyb- Wow, you must've been bored. Holy George W. quote avalanche! I liked your running commentary on the side to go with the quotes!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

On Education:

"The question we have to ask ourselves is, 'is our children learning?"

"My education message will resignate amongst all parents."

On Abortion:

"I'm going to talk about the ideal world. I've read--I understand reality. If you're asking me as the President, would I understand reality, I do."

"States should have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live."

On being the governor of Texas;

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."

Randomness of Duh:

"I think we agree the past is over."

"I know how hard it is to put food on your families."

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have--he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road."

"We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself."

Speaking on Perseverance Month:

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve."

My personal favorite, that sums up EVERYTHING about his presidency:

"I've never been a long-term planner about anything. I have lived life with more of a short-term focus."

Our future generations thank you Mr. Bush.

• smurfette
    smurfette

Nice, joannadandy! I really liked the last one too. Truly amazing.

Here's another quote from the same book:

"There is an old saying in Tennessee- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee- that says, fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me- you can't get fooled again."

Here's one from his Dad, George H.W. Bush:

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just cringe whenever he says the word NUCLEAR as nook-you-lar.................he can't read I think, or he would pronounce it correctly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit