Netflix anyone?

by DanTheMan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

I know Netflix has been around for a little while, but I was always hesitant to sign up, because I didn't think it was worth the $20 a month that I have to pay every month whether I rented 1 or 20 movies a month.

Well, we recently moved to an area that doesn't have a Blockbuster or Hollywood Video on the corner, so I thought I'd give Netflix a try. And I'm here to say that it is great! We probably watch a movie a week, so that's 4 movies a month or so. So it averages $5 a movie, which is around what you'd pay at the rental places anyway. They also have an economy plan where you pay $13.95 for up to 4 movies per month, with 2 movies out at any one time....which is definitely cheaper than the rental stores. But it wasn't the price that really sold me on Netflix.

What sold me is that I don't ever, ever, ever have to drive to get a movie, or return one. They just show up in my mailbox in a couple of days after I request them, (or mail one back) and I can keep it for as long as I want. No standing in line. No milling around the video store to find a movie, which of course, all the good ones are already gone. Netflix always has the movies available. All I have to do is go to their website, and add movies to my queue, and they are automatically shipped to me. I will never go back to a video store. It seems like such a waste of time and gas. I can almost guarantee that if you sign up, you won't go back to Blockbuster again! Now, if you're the type of person who only rents, say once a month, then it's probably not worth it. But I'd say if you rent at least 3 or more a month, then Netflix is definitely the way to go!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Ok, well I just signed up and put some films in my queue. I'm tired of Blockbuster and they have such a limited selection. They don't have most of the classic and indy films I like to watch.

So, I'm going to give it a try.

• Sassy
    Sassy

For those who do not usually rent that many movies, they also have plans where you have less out at a time, or maybe it was less per month. I forget. The $20 plan had worked well for me..

Side note, my coworker got it too and when one did not somehow make it back in the mail, I wondered what would happen?? how do you prove you mailed it?? but she said they waited a bit and then gave her credit for it........so they really work 'for' their customers..

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Yep, I'm trying Netflix. So far I love it. I pay more than $20/month in late fees some months at Blockbuster! I don't watch a ton of movies, but I don't always have the time to make a special trip to Blockbuster and listen to some pimple faced teenager tell me I have a late fee due.

What I like is that you can select as many as you want. They will not let you have more than 3 at once, but as soon as you are done with the first movie, drop it in the mailbox, and 2 days later you'll get the next one on your list. Right now I have 2 to watch and another on the way.

So far I have no complaints.

• Freddy Krueger
    Freddy Krueger

Netflix is great and what's good is if you time it right you can have a movie just about every other day. Here's how. Watch one, return it. Next day watch one then return it. Do it again for the 3rd day by the following day or 2 you can be recieving your next movie eventually you will get into a cycle where your getting a new movie every 2nd to 3rd day. I would say go for it! I love it.

-Freddy.

"This is God!"
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for the comments everyone!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Freewilly said:

They will not let you have more than 3 at once,

Actually, yes they will, but you have to pay more money. We're paying $30/month now to have 5 movies at a time.

GentlyFeral

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I've been a member for over a year and Matty and I love it. I'm a big movie fan and my queue is absolutely incredibly long (as soon as we have more time we are going to upgrade to more movies per month).
    My great thing is the no late fees like sometimes I want to watch a great movie 2 times I dont have to worry about watching it twice in one day.
    We dont live that close to their office but still mangae to get movies before they say we should even.
    Definately go for it.
    FTR--I have had a couple movies lost in the mail and they had no problem with still sending more out to us. Its really a great deal.

• badwillie
    badwillie

I don't see any reference to the lower priced subscription plans on their website, only the $19.95/month plan. Can someone tell me where that is please?

• badwillie
    badwillie

Nevermind...just found the answer: Question

Does Netflix offer different rental plans and monthly rates?
    How do I change my rental membership?

Answer

Netflix does offer different rental plans to suit the needs of our customers.

The standard plan is unlimited rentals with 3 movies out at one time. Available plans include:

• Ultimate - 8 movies out at a time for $39.95, and
    • Plus - 5 movies out a time for $29.95
    • Standard - 3 movies out a time for $19.95
    • Economy - 2 movies out at a time (limit: 4 rentals per month) for $13.95.

You may change your account status anytime by clicking on the Upgrade or Downgrade Membership link in Your Account.

Any changes to your service will take effect at the start of your next billing date. Until that time, your Netflix membership will remain unchanged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit