Netflix anyone?

by DanTheMan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This outfit is spending boku $$$ on internet advertising, as I see banner ads & pop-ups advertising their service everywhere I surf.

Anybody use it? How do you like it? Is it worth the $20/month?

• Azalo
    Azalo

ive used it before. it is worth it if you watch around 10 movies a month or more. they have an amazing selection which is cool because i like to watch foreign movies which are not that easy to find at you local blockbuster. but for me it wasnt worth it because i only have a couple of hours of leisure time every night and i have to choose between going to the gym, watching a movie, playing nintendo, watching TV or going out. well i dont always feel like watching a movie so i dont usually see 10 movies a month, probably more like 5 or 6 in which case its not worth it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks Azalo!

I'm tired of Blockbuster's late fees and lack of selection of movies that I want to see (my tastes usually lean towards indie/offbeat films).

I've been reading some consumer opinion websites about Netflix, the reviews are mixed but they seem to have a lot of dissatisfied customers.

• Azalo
    Azalo

i'm pretty sure they offer like a 15-30 day trial so it doesnt hurt to try it.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I loved Netflex!! It is awesome that you never have to worry about running back to the video store for worry of your movies being late. You have them out as long as you want. You simply have a que of movies set up and as you return them, they ship you out more. At the $20 a month deal, you have 3 times out at all times. They get the new releases as fast as the video stores. Depending on how many are requesting the new releases or a rare limited quantity movie may put you in a short wait... but the convenience of just slipping the movie back in the mail and your new one coming to you within a day or two, is an awesome deal!

Right now we have premium movie channels on cable but I have to wonder if the netflex was a better deal.

Azalo is correct, when you first sign up you have about two weeks to try it out at no cost...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I absolutely adore Netflix. The selection is amazing! One of my "background" tasks every time I go websurfing is to read archives of movie reviews and put anything interesting on my Netflix queue. Usually they have it! And my tastes are pretty quirky. OTOH, if you like G-rated stuff, or classic movies, you'll still be in hog heaven.

And getting movies by mail is extremely convenient. Occasionally a defective or broken DVD arrives, but all you have to do is send it back and file a bug report via your Netflix account. They'll send you another copy right away, no extra charge.

I've always had smooth, prompt service from Netflix. I thought it was just because I live about 20 miles away from their HQ. But my sister lives across the country from me, and I gave her a month's subscription for her birthday. She liked it so much that she's paying for it herself now.

Definitely sign up for the free 2-week trial. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

GentlyFeral

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

The only way to go. Plus when was the last time you returned a movie on time and only paid 4.50 for it? You have the ease of always having a movie laying around.

Great, u should 2!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I understand that they let you have 3 movies out at a time. So - if I were to get the three movies on Friday, watch them over the weekend, then drop them in the mail on Monday morning, will I have 3 more movies to watch by that Friday (assuming that they have my que'd selections in stock)?

• Sassy
    Sassy

You should be able to. I guess it depends on where you are located and where the mailer for Netflex is for you. When I had it, it was mailed back to the same state.. on the average if I mailed back a movie, within 3 days I had the next in my available que.. 4 max

• luna
    luna

I love netflix!!

No late fees, 3 movies at a time, and if there is a warehouse near where you live (there is one in Sacramento for me), you get the new movies in warp speed.

I can mail a movie on monday, and have a new one on wednesday.

They have I'm pretty sure every movie that has been put on DVD. The selection is great, and you can pre-order movies that haven't been released yet, and once they're released, they'll be in your queue.

I think it's totally worth 20 a month.

I'm really impressed by them.

Luna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit