Laugh-out-Loud BS from Insight Book

by berrygerry 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kaik
    kaik
    Resurrection on Earth never make a sense and it was already joked by Greco-Roman non-Christian thinkers 1700 years ago. Roman Catholic church eventually accepted it and pushed for afterlife in Heaven or hell. The estimate is that approximately 80 to 120 billions of people were born since 60000 BC. There is absolutely no space on this planet to accommodate these people.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

this would mean that each newly arrived person would be looked after by 33 trained ones. Since a yearly increase of three percent, compounded, doubles the number about every 24 years, the entire 20 billion (20,000,000,000) could be resurrected before 400 years of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign had elapsed, giving ample time for training and judging the resurrected ones without disrupting harmony and order on earth.

................Image result for Watchtower logo

..................Image result for Watchtower logoImage result for logic logoImage result for Watchtower logo

..Image result for baffle them with bullshit

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The JW logic to this is like this. ''All places of the Earth will be inhabitable.''

They mean ALL places. Which means all desert, glacial and areas under the ocean. Perhaps that's why they understand the resurrection of billions upon billions of people.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Really - this is one of the things they dont talk about anymore. Lots of things dealing with specifics we would talk a lot about are no longer part of the conversation.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Again - guys - the current estimate is that 100,000,000,000 - One Hundred Billion people have DIED.

Hard to spin that number - so the WT uses one from like the 20s

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    You can't make sense out of nonsense. I wonder if the old AID book said the same thing. It probably did, and the Insight volume just copied it.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Each religion that claims otherwise still spouts nonsense dreamt up by humans that other humans are required to swallow.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Oh I heard all the fairly tales before. Just wacko.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'm resurrected and the first person I meet, a JW elder in suit and tie. He tells me,

james you must shave and a hair cut. We have five meetings a week and you must attend

and here is a list for our Kingdom songs. We have a special class for you new arrivals

the subjects, "Don't be mislead by your sexual desires", and "A thousand years without sex".

Now go have fun my son.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"Nevertheless, an illustration reveals what a simple, practical thing Jehovah has in mind for mankind. Not to prophesy,. . ."
    I appreciated how they presumed that their illustration reveals God's plan to repopulate the earth. Also how timely the disclaimer that it isn't a prophecy-AFTER they proclaim that is is what God HAS IN MIND for mankind! So the basic plan is God's but they aren't prophecying about the details!

Did they figure in the part where they have to clean up the earth and bury rotting bodies of 4 billion people? Where does that fit into the timeline?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit