Who will be killed at Armageddon?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They (GB FDS) don't know and they never knew, but that didn't stop them from pontificating.

The unrepeatable great tribulation occurred in the first century culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem and the dispersion of survivors throughout the known world...which of course is where the Jews are today and won't happen again.

Needless to say, I believe WT "theologians" as well as others have lifted Matthew 24 and much of the book of Revelation out of its historic context.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

My wife and I don’t believe the old or the new doctrine. But Zoe still can’t make out what the new light actually is? We watched the leaked AGM together and we’re both sick to hear Jeff Jackson mock the old light how stupid it was. This is actually extremely disturbing him saying “we know what you were thinking” some were hoping these ones would die before Armageddon! This is actually really sick when you think about it

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So from what I understand is that the ‘noo light’ is that even if you die before Armageddon, if you rejected the WTBTS at any point (whether you slammed the door or you were born-in and left) you will die.

Besides the pain that must bring to many that were hopeful the ‘old system’ would last long enough for their kids/family to die, I can see many that will give up, commit suicide or do something else very drastic (kidnapping young children etc). All just to stem the fact that many ‘older ones’ are already giving up and leaving thinking that Armageddon won’t even come in their life time and they’ll be saved regardless.

This whole death cult stuff is sick.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

ExBethelitenowPIMA said:

• If the current doctrine is that only baptised witnesses are going to survive and everyone else burns them what about this new update new light that some from before the flood and Sodomites will be resurrected?
      • but didn’t he mention at the AGM something about there is no point Jehovah killing them and then resurrecting them again?
      • It seems they are confused about what they teach and that’s why brother Jackson joked about “is this what we used to believe or what we believe now?”

Really? He actually said that?

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes he actually said those things.

The entire unedited leaked AGM is on YouTube and the edited versions will be on broadcasting December part 2.

The answer to official JW doctrine now who will be killed at Armageddon is we don’t know.

I think they hope JDubs will still think of the old light that only baptised ones will not be killed. If they openly say that lots of other good people will not be killed then it will open a can of worms.

They always used to push baptism for young ones or you won’t survive. Basically saying if you don’t get baptised Jehovah will kill you. These days there are many brought up as witnesses who get to 20’s still not baptised. The parents have seen too many young ones have to be shunned so they are inclined to advise their kids not get baptised.

This new light in effect is saying that you don’t have to be baptised for Jehovah not to kill you.

It’s all nonsense anyway but just sticking to official doctrine I can see less young ones getting baptised from now on. 2023 AGM changes everything.

• budbayview
    budbayview

Here is one of my challenges with the org’s salvation interpretation. If an individual dies before the judgement cut without an understanding of Gods life T&Cs (i.e., ignorance) they get a resurrection (i.e., do-over). Notwithstanding, they come back into the world during the 1K year time, which clearly removes any ambiguity about who or if there is a God, our origins, purpose, and all these things we are guessing at or supposed to have faith in. I do not know about you, but what % of folks do you think will reject God after a resurrection in the new world? Not many, I am thinking. But for the ones that are lucky enough to be living in this hell hole currently without any visible proof of the aforementioned, and sickness, death and all that goes along with life in this $hit hole, we won’t make the cut because we are not part of an elite religious club claiming to represent God on earth. Right....that makes complete logical sense and represents a fair judgement for all humans. Really? Sorry, I cannot reason this is fair and balanced.

I find it repugnant and arrogant that any religious leaders take part in speculation about who or who will not be forgiven by our savior. I personally know many non-JWs that are kind, loving, and just good souls, better people than some of the witnesses that I have known in the truth. I cannot imagine they would be sidelined because they are not baptized JWs.

I am not a fan of eschatological theology as it sets a premise of fear motivation. Most individuals have misplaced the love for the Creator in exchange for a given behavior for either receiving of gifts (life) or out of fear (death). Anyone with children knows we want our children to love us, not because of what we can give them or what we can take away.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    So from what I understand is that the ‘noo light’ is that even if you die before Armageddon, if you rejected the WTBTS at any point (whether you slammed the door or you were born-in and left) you will die.

Don't know what has been said in last 20 years but they always said that people who had 'sufficient opportunity' to enlist but didn't, would not be resurrected. It was part of their last days=judgement period package of 1914 doctrines.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Before the 2023 AGM the doctrine was only baptised would not be killed, Tony Morris said something about maybe we could hope children not old enough to be baptised may just about make it through but only just. Everyone else dies just like the Noah’s ark story.

The big change at 2023 AGM is that we should not be dogmatic and we don’t know. So the big push to get baptised is not so essential anymore.

Particularly now with the largest new light ever in my opinion - You can wait to see if JWs were the truth or not. It doesn’t matter if you are physically in or not until the end comes. If what the GB predict does indeed happen and they are proved correct then you could come back last minute.

This changes everything. It’s probably the most monumental change in the history of the organisation.

Now there is no need to waste your life following the GB and sacrificing so much for them. Just wait to see if they are right.

If there is a cry of peace and security and then all governments ban all religions and all the other events they say are going to happen then start coming back to meetings and take them up on their last minute repentance offer.

By the way I think there is zero chance the GB are who they claim to be and I think they are wrong about all this. They inherited some crazy ideas from the old men who are long since dead and have to try mental gymnastics to escape these crazy ideas.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the WTS taught that the deadline of preaching being able to respond favorably to the WTS message, was until the great tribulation started. In 2021, "Our Kingdom-preaching work will not be finished until Jehovah says it is over. How much time is left for people to come to know Jehovah God and Jesus Christ? (John 17:3) We cannot say. We do know that until the great tribulation begins, any who are “rightly disposed for everlasting life” can still respond to the good news.Acts 13:48 How can we help these people before it is too late?

and in 2022:

As mentioned in the preceding article, the political elements of this world will soon turn on Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. (Rev. 17:16,17) This action will mark the beginning of the great tribulation. Will this result in a flood of new ones deciding to turn to the worship of Jehovah? No. To the contrary, (Revelation chapter 6) shows that at that critical time, people who are not serving Jehovah will seek protection from the political and commercial systems of this world, which are compared to mountains. Since those people will not take a stand in favor of God’s Kingdom, Jehovah will consider them to be opposers.​—Luke 11:23; Rev. 6:15-17).

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

“sick to hear Jeff Jackson mock the old light how stupid it was. This is actually extremely disturbing him saying “we know what you were thinking” some were hoping these ones would die before Armageddon! This is actually really sick when you think about it“

-

yes it is disturbing. Who are the current GB mocking themselves or the people stupid enough to have followed them? They are actually ridiculing the old beliefs that if you hoped someone died before Armageddon then you were stupid. But that is still the current official teaching until the new light is released and it still hasn’t been released yet.

Unless someone watched the leaked videos they still trust the GB and hope their loved ones die before Armageddon or they will be killed by Jehovah and have no hope of a resurrection

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit