Nudist colony for JW's ?!

by one_ugly_time 5 Replies latest social humour

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

I found this story at --

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1517&e=1&u=/afp/us_nudist_offbeat

First Christianity-themed nudist resort to open in FloridaAFP
    Thu Jan 22, 1:30 PM ET
    Add Offbeat - AFP to My Yahoo!

TAMPA, United States (AFP) - The first nudist resort created primarily for Christians in the United States is due to open in Florida and its co-founder claims that he can provide passages in the Bible where nudity is prominently mentioned.

AFP/File Photo

"Depending on the version of the Bible you use, there are as many as 40 passages that refer to nudity," said Bill Martin, co-founder of Natura, which will be the first Christianity-themed nudist colony in the country when it opens in a Tampa suburb in April.

"In (the Bible book of) Isaiah 20.2, God tells Isaiah to go into the wilderness naked for three years. So there's historical basis for a Christian nudist lifestyle," continued Martin, who is a Quaker.

When Natura is completed, the 240-acre resort area will have 500 homes, a hotel, a water-slide park, and a non-denominational Christian church. Although nudity will be mandatory, attending church services will be clothing-optional for residents, according to Martin.

Followers of the Baptist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, and Quaker religions are some of the different Christian denominations who will call Natura home.

"Fundamentalist Christians and the Southern Baptists may object to us, but I will meet with them anytime to talk about both Natura and nudity," said Martin. "It's funny that some Southern Baptists oppose us, because for about the first 500 years after the death of Christ, mass baptisms were done nude."

• Xandria
    Xandria

Um Um Um... lol.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

You'll be able to spot the JWs on the beach from the other religious denominations because the JWs will be the only ones wearing a tie.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think they will cover their private parts with some magazines and even report it as street witnessing. ;-)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You'll be able to spot the JWs on the beach from the other religious denominations because the JWs will be the only ones wearing a tie.

Wallflower. LMAO

***** Rub a Dub

• shotgun
    shotgun

Was this beach opened first to jews and then gentiles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit